Chapter 8

Jungkook takes a deep breath as he pitches his nose-bridge. His lips are starting to dry and his breath is visible as small clouds in front of him.

The suit he's wearing isn't keeping much warm any longer as he stands by the side of an empty road, looking at his car that's totally dead.

He just drove off from the airport, but somehow his car broke down on the way. But not just anywhere, in the middle of South Korea's version of a desert.

Not to mention that it's evening and he's freezing his balls off.

He has tried to get in contact with someone, but the signal here is crap. He hits his phone a few more times and walks around a little.

He can't be that fucking cursed, so there must be signal somewhere nearby.

"Work, you stupid piece of-" he can't curse any longer before his phone finally gets signal. With a sigh of relief he places himself against a tree, keeping his free arm wrapped around his chest.

Now, it's the next problem. Who should he call? He could call roadservice, but they didn't reply when he tried catching them last time.

He knows he should probably call Taehyung, but honestly, he doesn't really want to.

It's a childish thought, he's aware of that. They are probably worrying about him by now, it's pretty late and he's still quite far from home.

Sucks.

It's not like he can run forever, he might as well get it over with... with a deep sigh, he finds Taehyung's number in his contacts.

He has seen how Taehyung has been trying to call him multiple times, but he never had time to answer. Time.

He lifts the phone to his ear with a shaking hand, hissing by the cold of its surface.

It beeps a few times before Jungkook is met with silence. Taehyung isn't the one to drop the first word with this tension, Jungkook was prepared for that.

"Hey honey," he almost whispers, trying not to sound like his legs are turning into icicles.

"Don't you 'hey honey' me, you prick."

Okay fair, he deserved that.

"Sorry... but can we save the argument for later? I'm in a bit of... trouble..."

"Mm, serves you right," Taehyung grumbles through the phone. He's standing in the kitchen, cleaning up because he couldn't sleep.

No wonder when your husband decides to run away and then not come back home when he told you he would.

"Yeah... but like... can you come and pick me up?" he asks, almost covering down by whatever is going to come his way.

"Pick you up? Hmm interesting, I have to pick you up 2 am in the morning!?" Taehyung hisses.

"I know I'm sorry! My car broke down, and I'm no where near the city..." he says. He hears a sigh from the other end.

"Jesus, I have work tomorrow... fine, send your location, I'll come and get you," the elder replies.

"Thanks Tae... I think there's a hotel somewhere, we should probably stay there until tomorrow," Jungkook states. It's never safe to drive if you're tired and it's dark.

He doesn't need a crash on his conscience too.

"Okay, I'll be there in about an hour or two... can you stay warm enough inside the car?" Taehyung asks, now a little worried.

"I don't really have any other choice. I'll be fine, get going," he says and holds still for a second, "love you."

Taehyung is quiet a little too long.