Chapter 14

"Shit, he texted," Jimin utters as he grabs his phone with shaking hands. He looks at the number. It's strange, almost as if it's from another country.

Yoongi really is in some shady shit.

XXX
Five days, 3 billion won.

Taehyung quickly comes to his side and looks over his shoulder, "should you tell him that we can't make it in time?"

Jimin bites his lip. He doesn't know what will happen if they write that. Will Yoongi freak out and do something? Should they risk just meeting up with him without enough money? There's not really a safe option, so he nods and hesitantly runs his fingers over the screen.

JIMIN:
Yoongi? [seen]

Why are you doing this? The drugs can't possibly be worth that much!? [seen]

We can't get the money in time. We need one more week. [seen]

One more week, that's all.

Yoongi?

"I think he blocked me? Fuck, what are we going to do?" Jimin asks as he throws the device back on the table. He places his hands in his hair which he has been doing a lot lately, trying not to tug it so he'll rip it from his scalp.

"He knows now. I guess we won't show up on Monday, we don't know what he might do," Taehyung says, "Jungkook?"

Jimin gulps as he looks back at the phone. There aren't any new notifications, the number has probably been deleted already to keep Yoongi safe.

Jungkook comes down the stairs quickly. He just finished up speaking with the bank. It was possible for him to get half the money by Friday, but not the rest until Friday next week.

"Yoongi texted," Taehyung states. Jungkook immediately grabs Jimin's phone and looks through them. He growls at what he sees.

"He won't listen it seems..."

"What should we do? He might hurt one of us? How about Jin and Namjoon... he straight up threatened them by talking about their baby," Jimin says. They can't take words like those lightly. If anything happens to Jin and Namjoon, Jimin will never be able to forgive himself.

Jungkook nods at that and taps his chin slightly. Since he is the boss of both of their friends... technically, he could make them go on a trip or something.

"I guess I can send them somewhere, like as an apology for not coming to the baptism?" he almost questions himself. It's still a sensitive subject, but it's not important at the moment.

Them fighting won't solve any of this right now.

"That's a good idea. Get them out of the city at least," Taehyung says, "I guess we have to stay here but maybe go to a hotel or something? Would it be safe to stay here?"

"For all I know that boy is an absolute qsychopath, we won't be safe anywhere... but I guess we can trick him for a while until we have rest of the money," Jungkook replies.

Right now, it seems like their only option.

"Jimin, you'll still be going to school. That way, he won't get suspicious and we need to make sure he doesn't leave some other note without us noticing. It wouldn't be smart of him to attack you there. As long as you stay around people, you should be safe," the raven adds and quickly grabs his own cellphone to contact a hotel.

"Let's eat, we can pack our things and contact the Kim's afterwards," Taehyung says and urges or the others to sit down.

Whatever mess they have become apart of is going to change their life forever.

__________

Taehyung waits as his phone calls the familier number. He bites his lip as he prepares himself to talk with his best friend. Keeping a straight and happy face is going to be challenging, but he'll do it to keep them safe.

"Taehyung? It's been so long! Why are you calling this late?" Jin's cheerful voice beams through the phone. Taehyung can't help but smile at that.

"Hey Hyung, are you doing good? How's the baby?" he questions, trying to ease into the conversation.

"She's doing amazing! She almost talked yesterday! But Namjoon got so shocked he accidentally dropped something and she started crying. Typical," Jin explains with a small chuckle.

Taehyung knew from the start that Jin and Namjoon were going to be amazing parents. They are perfect together in teamwork, so taking care of a child isn't much of a challenge for them. What they can't run from though is Namjoon's clumsiness.

"That's good to hear. Actually, I'm calling to give you a little surprise. You remember how Jungkook ditched the baptism because of work? He wants to apologize for that by giving you something," the younger confirms.

"A surprise? See know I'm interested in this conversation," Jin teases and earns a 'asshole' in return.

"He thought it would be nice to give you time off for two weeks! Don't worry, he has found someone efficient enough to take care of the restaurant."

The line goes silent for a second.

"You're giving us an entire trip!? Boy, I know you're rich but not that rich," Jin states, "but thank you so much! You didn't have to do that."

"We want to. Plus, it's a good way to bond as a family," Taehyung says. Jin agrees and happily gets Namjoon on the phone as well

Taehyung quickly gets them in on the details and that they'll already be leaving by tomorrow. The faster they can get out of the city, the better. They don't really seem to mind though and are just excited to start packing their bags.

The Jeon family, on the other hand, isn't very thrilled about packing their things. Nonetheless, they start doing just that when Taehyung has ended the call.

Jimin fills up a suitcase and a bag with clothes and other necessary items. He remembers to bring his backpack with his school material as he heads downstairs.

Taehyung and Jungkook has finished too and are waiting by the entrance.

"I'll make sure there's extra security, I will get an alarm put up tomorrow after work. I hope Yoongi will stay away from here," Jungkook states and grabs the straps of his bags, "let's go then, we can check in already."

They start bringing the stuff outside and loading the car. Jimin's sits himself in the backseat and they slowly rolls out from the driveway. Jimin's eyes follow their house the entire way.

He feels like he misses it already. They will only be gone for about two weeks, still it feels different from when they have left the house to go on holiday. This feels like they won't be coming back.

He sighs as their home gets out of sight and they travel down the road.

"It will be okay. Now we have done what we can to keep up safe... for now."