Chapter 17

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSuHBatQ/

This tiktok... Fits✌️ 

(I don't know if you can copy the link? I'm gonna leave it there anyway😂)

____________

Jimin bites his fingernails impatiently as he waits for answers about Hoseok's condition. After hearing the news, he and his fathers immediately went to the hospital. Yoongi really stepped out of line this time, they aren't sure Hoseok will survive.

This has caused tears to run from Jimin's eyes for hours on end, but now there aren't any left so his cheeks are left damp and eyes red. Taehyung is having an arm around him, equally as scared.

"I-It's all my fault," Jimin says blankly. He has been staring at the wall before him for too long. Taehyung has been trying to comfort him while Jungkook went out to get some food.

"No it's not Jimin, you couldn't have known-"

"Yes I could! That's the problem, I should have known Hoseok was a target... so stupid of me," the boy cries out and hides his face in his hands for the nth time today. The amout of fear and sadness filling up his chest can't be healty.

"Even so, it would just have hit someone else... there's nothing you could have done," Taehyung tries to assure him. He keeps a hand on the younger's back, running soothing circles over the shirt, "we'll get the money to him tomorrow and he'll finally be out of your life, okay?"

It's true, Jungkook worked some stuff out with the bank that made it possible for him to get the money today, they'll have to get it to him tomorrow. The bank got suspicious, but Jungkook somehow got them convinced it had to do with a new deal with a company in Japan. 

"I hope he'll stay away..." Jimin mutters and looks down tiredly.

After a few hours more of pacing back and forth, sitting and looking into space and eating the food Jungkook brought, they finally get some fresh news. Jungkook seems overly emotinal about this, he's just as pissed as the others are. Yoongi shouldn't be able to get this far. 

 The doctor makes his was over to them, he looks calm but not necessarily happy. Jimin immedietly feels his stomach turn in worry.

"Acquaintances of Jung Hoseok?" the doctor asks and Jimin quickly stands up while nodding his head.

"I-Is he okay?" he asks. He can't wait one more second to know if Hoseok is okay. He'll never forgive himself if he's not.

"He's alive, and he's stable," the doctor assures and Jimin's legs almost gives out beneath him in joy, "but he's in a coma right now, he'll be for a few weeks as it looks right now. We... we don't know what happens when he wakes up. He lost a lot of blood and took a lot of damage to certain parts of his body. He might have gotten brain damage."

Brain... damage?

Jimin's body shakes and the tears he didn't think he had left starts running down his puffy cheeks. Brain damage? Will Hoseok really be Hoseok when he wakes up? Oh god. It's all Jimin's fault. Everything. 

"No... no, no, no," he mumbles between his sobs and feels Jungkook catch him to prevent him from falling over. Taehyung also holds around him, his eyes showing nothing but sadness, "but he could wake up normal, right?"

"The chance is low, but yes. He can't wake up with only minder injuries."

"Thank you," Taehyung shakes his hand and quickly makes sure the doctor will contact them if anything new happens. They are free to go home.

Jimin is crying his eyes out against Jungkook's chest. If Hoseok wakes up, will he even remember him? Will he remember their time together? Will he be able to speak... will he understand when Jimin falls to his knees to apologize from the deeps of his very heart?

"Shhhh, it's okay," Jungkook says. He gently places a hand under Jimin's legs and lifts up the shaking form. The boy just hides his face in his father's neck, letting the tears get free run. Taehyung sniffs slightly and walks after the two, heading outside towards their car.

_________

"This is terrible," Taehyung says as he stands up, having just tucked Jimin's sleeping body into a warm blanket. They arrived at the hotel not long ago, it still won't be safe for them to go home.

"Indeed. Yoongi went too far... he'll get those stupid money," Jungkook sighs, leaning against the kitchen counter. He's glad they got to get the money in time, they'll be able to give them tomorrow. Still, Yoongi seriously shouldn't have done that... he would have gotten the money no matter what.

Taehyung walks over to him and leans in to hug his husband. He bites his lip in order to keep the tears back, feeling Jungkook's arms wrap tightly around him.

"I hate seeing him like that. No parent wants to see their child this broken..." he mumbles. Jungkook hums in agreement and kisses the top of Taehyung's head. This situation isn't exactly a parents dream. 

"We'll fix this mess," Jungkook assures him.

"But... but what if Hoseok wakes up and he just isn't... Hoseok anymore? It will break Jimin more than anything," the elder states. There's no doubt about the fact that Jimin would tear himself apart emotinally if his mind and heart keep telling him it's his fault Hoseok got hurt. He needs to convince himself that Yoongi is the culprit here, not him. He couldn't have stopped this, even if he wanted to.

"That would crush him... but I know Jimin, he's stronger than he lets on. He'll be with Hoseok, even if it tears him apart," Jungkook states. 

A mindset strong enough to go through what Jimin is, isn't a gift everyone have. He has been so strong with this, he has never given up and just called the police. He has thought things through with his family, not keeping all of this to himself. That alone is a strong trait.

"Let's make some food okay. We have to be ready for tomorrow."

They start doing just that, keeping an eye out on Jimin who has just been sleeping the entire afternoon. He only woke up shorthly to get some dinner before he lied down again, completely exhausted and emotinally drained from the day.

It's understandable.

With heavy steps Jungkook brought Jimin to his room, lying him gently on his bed. At least he can sleep, tomorrow is going to be that's hard to remember.

_______

Sorry, a little short... see you next chapter!<3333