Chapter 22

Christin sits down by one of the tables in the small cafeteria. It's in the other end of the courthouse, ment for business people and lawyers that are mostly here for work.

The Jeons and Christin all ordered some coffee or something similar, seems like they will be talking for quite a long time today.

"So, you used to be Yoongi's boyfriend yes?" Christin asks to break the ice. A gentle, mother-like smile is painting her pink lips. She seems overly kind compared to the rest of her family.

"I don't think we ever got to the boyfriend part. I broke up before it got... dangerous," Jimin states and looks down at the table. Maintaining eye contact with this lady isn't easy.

"I understand. I'm glad you broke up with him, even though it got you dragged into something that doesn't have anything to do with you," the aunt says and holds tightly around her mug.

She has always been close with Yoongi. In his young years at least. Christin had to look after him a lot since her sister was in no condition to be a mother. She still isn't, to be honest.

Jungkook frowns slightly at her statement. Didn't have anything to do with Jimin?

"Didn't he do all of this because we flushed his drugs or something?"

Christin nods slightly, but her expression doesn't look very convincing. She definitely knows more than they do.

"It's a convincing argument... he just needed money, you guys seemed to be the easiest option," she explains. Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook give each other a confused look before turning back to listen to what more she has to say.

"He owed someone. He owed someone a lot. That's why he needed the money so urgently he-... he just didn't get them in time," Christin says.

Jimin immedietly feels the harsh press and pain in his chest. He doesn't know if it's guilt... or maybe regret that fills him. Yoongi's dead because they didn't get the money to him in time.

Yoongi didn't deserve anything good for him... but Jimin feels like death is to much of a punishment.

On the other hand, what he did against Hoseok is probably why he got karma right back in his face.

"It was bound to happen sooner or later, so don't feel upset," Christin says as she sees Jimin's sudden change of mood. The boy looks up with big eyes, waiting for her to explain further.

"He has always had a lot of enemies. I don't know when he started getting into the whole drug dealing thing..." she begins, "it was too late for me to do anything when I noticed. I tried contacting all kinds of people who could help, but it never worked. In the end, he got annoyed with me trying to drag him back on the right course so he left..."

Christin wanted nothing more but to help Yoongi. He was like a son to her, someone she wanted to guide and watch grow up.

"He has always been a good kid... but with such a pair of parents and a rough childhood, it was impossible to see a bright future for him but I-... I couldn't give up on him," she says, her eyes slowly start stigning with tears. She hasn't seen Yoongi in about three years, and now he's gone. Forever.

"He was a good kid. He was so kind, helped me with almost everything. His passion for music was one I will always cherish, he loved it more than heaven itself," she smiles slightly at that, "his fate could have been so different if he had just seeked help. He could have pursued his dream, might even reached the level of fame. But society is a bummer, no one was willing to give him that extra push in the right direction... not except for you."

She point directly at Jimin.

The boy's mouth opens in some sort of attempt to say something. Anything. But nothing comes out. The words linger in the back of his head as he sees Yoongi before him.

Bad boy. Hanging out with the bad people. Doing drugs all the time. Threatening him.

Then he sees Yoongi who was leaned over his computer, his lip bitten in concentration as he worked hard on completing their song down to the finest detail. His aura was different there. It was glowing with passion and happiness, something Jimin missed to understand fully.

"I saw you... that day at the park. I don't know what happened, but Yoongi looked at you the same way he does when he's working on that music. He was passionate about you... but once again, the dark side of him took over. He was a lost course I noticed... there was nothing you could have done," Christin finishes.

Jimin gulps and slowly stands up from his chair.

"I-I think I need a minute," he says and leaves the tables without waiting for the others to reply. It hurts. It hurts too much for his broken heart.

"Jimin-" Taehyung calls out in vain, but he holds himself back from rushing after his son. It's a lot of information that has suddenly been scooped up on Jimin's plate, it's only natural he's feeling overwhelmed.

"We'll find him later," Jungkook assures and turns back to look at Christin, "why did he give up on Jimin then?"

The elder lady sighs. She has heard about everything that happened between Yoongi and Jimin, it was a part of the case. Mostly about the phone call back in the day and then the threads that started suddenly. She never though Yoongi would take it this far.

"He's been let down his entire life. No matter who he met or what he did, people turned their back on him. His parents didn't pay attention to him, his sister is always too busy with her phone and I did nothing but try and get him into the one system that let him down. The system in our society should have saved him from that family long ago, unfortunately it wasn't possible for me to adopt him..."

She takes a sip of her coffee that's almost cold by now before she continues.

"I will assume he got trapped when Jimin told him he had figured him out. It's sad to think that Yoongi did everything to be someone he's not, but it's the truth... he never wanted to be like he was, he just wanted to be free. The only way he could escape his family and me was by earning money himself... the only option he could think of being drug dealing."

Taehyung nods slightly. He knows better than anyone how hard it is to be all alone and in the need of money. You make stupid decisions that will only hurt you later in life. Taehyung was lucky he got rescued from that life. Most people don't make it.

"But... who on earth did he owe that much money? And what for? It seems ridiculous," Jungkook questions. 3 billion won isn't something you just suddenly spend. Just like they couldn't get it easily from the bank, it can't be possible that Yoongi just suddenly needed that much money from someone he was later going to owe.

"I'm not sure, they are saying it's possibly some guys from prison. Apperantly Yoongi had been borrowing money from them for a long time. Since he couldn't always pay back, they started saying he had to pay more and more for every day he couldn't pay them. Seems like it got out of hand," Christin says.

"That's... horrible. Thank you for telling us this... y-you must be very troubled by what happened to Yoongi," Taehyung says with a kind voice. No matter what a person dear to you does, it hurts when they suddenly isn't in this world anymore.

"I miss him. I wish I could talk to him one more time... just try and fix him again. But he was broken from the start, I was just too lost in trying to take control of his life to see it. I think he's in a better place now, he was never happy here," the aunt nods at her own words and let's out a weak smile,"I'm glad Jimin is okay, he didn't deserve any of this."

Taehyung and Jungkook give each other a glanze before nodding at that statement. It's too much on such a young boy's shoulders.

The parents say goodbye to Christin after having exchanged numbers in case there'll be some new information about Yoongi's murder.

"I guess we misunderstood Yoongi," Taehyung states and Jungkook nods weakly. This is a mess.

They went out to find Jimin. It took a while, but they found him outside on a lonely bench, staring at the cars passing by the court house.

They sat with him and tried to comfort him as he cried his heart out. If he could go back to that first day of school, he would do it without one second of hesitation.

However, reality isn't always on your side. Jimin must suffer from that.