Chapter 11

"Should we call the police? Who did this? Why would anyone do that? This is giving me scary movie vibes... what the fuck is it supposed to mean-"

"Calm down, we need to think this through," Jungkook cuts Taehyung's endless ramble as they still stand in the doorway to Jimin's room, looking up at the painted number.

Jimin hasn't uttered a word yet, probably because he's a little too fucking certain he knows who is the villian behind this.

It's as if his heart it picking up a whole new rate of speed, caused by anxiety mixed with frustration.

"We need to call the police," Taehyung concludes and seeks for his phone in his pocket.

The police...

"Wait, I don't think we should call them yet," Jimin says, "whoever did this went in here without stealing anything on the way out. They are clearly trying to do something else..."

Taehyung frowns and let's the phone fall back in his pocket. Jungkook is quick to nod at his son's remark, moving inside the room.

"I agree, there's some weird shit going on. It won't help calling the police, we could might as well have painted this ourselves," he states.

He walks further into the room and observes the paint. It seems pretty dried out, it's been a while since it was made.

His eyes darts over the floor, but he can't see anything.

"How about the security cam? Shouldn't we be able to see who it is and show that to the police?" Taehyung questions.

He's desperate to know who did this, but more than anything he wants to get it off their hands. He doesn't necessarily like the police, considering his past, but it's a backup they need right now.

Dealing with this on their own could get them in some dangerous situations, no one wants that.

"Good idea, let's check them," Jungkook agrees and heads back towards them.

They start walking towards the office. Jimin's mind is running wild on the way. He's scared he's going to see what he doesn't want to see. He has no clue if his parents have even considered who might have done this, but he still finds it so difficult to say.

If it is what he thinks it is, he's going to hate himself forever.

They make their way to the room in a hurry. Jungkook places himself in the chair and opens up his laptop.

It has been ages since he opened up the footage of their security cams. They have them all around the outside of the house, considering they are in the rich part of town. They are a coveted target.

He opens up the app that stores their footage and also sends live at all times. Jungkook clicks over the files and enters the one of today.

"We should probably check from night time too, we haven't been here at all," Taehyung says and Jungkook does as he says.

They run fash forward through the clips but it's first around 5 am this morning the camera catches something.

And indeed, three guys are making their way over the grass field, heading around the house probably to look through the windows and make sure no one is home.

Taehyung puts a hand over his mouth and Jimin almost takes a step back. The feeling of seeing someone walk around your proberty like that makes fear creep up their skin.

It's like their house is now a grey zone, infected by whoever went in here. It doesn't seem safe anymore.

"Shit," Jungkook mumbles as he watches one of the guys yell something to the others before walking to the front door.