𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗼𝗻𝗲

( chapter seventy-one )

JAMES POTTER DIDN'T WANT WHAT he was seeing to be real. He didn't think he had wanted anything as much as he had wanted that.

His whole world seemed to freeze as his eyes locked on Cassie and that state that she was in. She looked as if she'd been to hell and back, James wasn't sure that saying that would even be a lie.

He wanted her to let out a laugh, the laugh that he loved so much, and tell him that it was all a joke. He wanted her to smile at him, both of her eyes open and smiling up at him with the same glint that he so often brought to her eyes, and give him the biggest hug she had ever given him.

If Cassie gave James a hug now, he wasn't sure that he would ever let go.

Neither Cassie or Regulus had to say a word for James to understand.

He couldn't believe it.

He couldn't believe that someone's parents could do that to them, that a parent could abuse their child so much without a care in the world.

That someone could despise someone enough to bring that amount of pain and damage upon them.

James had never felt so angry.

Anger ran through his veins and around his body. His heart was beating quickly in his chest, he could feel and hear each rapid beat. His hands became sweaty and shaky, the door handle moving slightly under his tight grip. James' jaw was clenched, all his muscles tense.

Just looking at Cassie made his blood boil. He couldn't believe that anyone would harm someone as sweet, kind and caring as Cassie.

He wanted to march right over to Grimmauld Place and knock the door down. He wanted Walburga and Orion to go through the same thing that they made their daughter go through so many times. He wanted them to feel what they had made her feel; the pain she felt physically and emotionally that had almost broken her. He wanted them to be sent to Azkaban, and never set free.

He wanted them to pay.

But he knew that would have to wait, as Cassie was still standing in front of him. Looking as of she were on the verge of death.

The anger he felt was matched by the amount of worry he felt — for both Cassie and Regulus.

He couldn't even begin to imagine what the two of them had been through, he didn't want to imagine it.

He knew then, that the Black siblings were some of the strongest people he had ever had the pleasure of knowing. He knew that he had never met anyone as brave and strong as those three, and he didn't think he ever would.