𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅

( chapter seventy-six )

"REG, CASSIE SAID ADD 3 EGG whites. The phrase egg whites does not include the words 'entire egg shell'."

"But the inside of the shell is white. The eggs guts are clear."

"Did you just call the egg whites, egg guts?"

"Yes, yes I did."

Cassie let out a small snort at the odd look on James' face as he looked across the kitchen at Regulus, who didn't pay any attention to what he was saying as he continued to crush the egg shells into the flour that was already resting in one of the bowls.

Sirius shook his head as he looked over Regulus' shoulder and into the bowl, shaking his head at the mixture that was still being mixed as if that would make it any better.

Euphemia had suggested that the four of them spend the afternoon making cakes, while her and Fleamont went shopping for Christmas - which was only in a few days.

She had then insisted that they do it when she found out that Regulus and Cassie had never baked a cake before, their parents not thinking that it was something they needed to do as they grew up.

That was the reason why the three Black siblings and James Potter were now in the kitchen. The four of them trying, but failing to make a cake for Euphemia and Fleamont when they got home.

So far, it seemed that the only thing that Euphemia and Fleamont would receive when they got home would be a sink full of dirty dishes and a kitchen that looked like a bomb had gone off in it.

Cassie was sitting on one of the counters, her legs were swinging back and forth, her feet hitting the door of the cabinet underneath her. She had a cookbook open in her lap and she was yelling out instructions to the other three in the room.

James was standing near Cassie, one of his hands resting on her knee as the other one cut the butter up into small squares with a nearly completely blunt knife.

Sirius and Regulus were the other side of the kitchen, Sirius was in charge of measuring the ingredients, so far he had spilled around half the bag of flour and most of the sugar - it was a miracle that they even had anything left to make any cakes.

Regulus was putting everything in the bowl and then mixing the mixture, rather violently as some of it was spilling over the sides of the glass bowl that they were using.

"That doesn't look like it does when Mia makes it." Sirius stated bluntly. He looked besides Regulus, where the egg yolk and whites were resting on the counter.

He shrugged, before picking up the bowl and sliding the egg into it.

Sirius then placed the bowl back in front of Regulus who began to mix once again.