one hundred and ten

( chapter )one hundred and ten

( chapter )
one hundred and ten

SUMMER CAME AND WENT QUICKER than any of them expected. One moment they were out in the sun, splashing in the blue water that reflected the clear sky almost as perfectly as a mirror. Making new friends and memories that felt as if they would last a lifetime, not worrying about anything that the next year or the future would throw at them.

And the next moment, they were all sat on the Hogwarts Express as it sped away from Platform 9 3/4. Waving goodbye to parents and guardians who stood on the platform, some with tears falling from their eyes while others just smiled and waved. Heading back for their final year at Hogwarts, none of them ready to admit that fact.

And none of them were ready to enter the place they'd called home for so many years one last time.

The compartment was louder than it had ever been. Now, that might've been because there were more people in the compartment than there had been before.

But it might've been because none of the soon-to-be seventh years were ready for the silence to engulf them and the realisation that it was their final year to fill their minds as it did.

Cassie sat with her legs resting in James' lap, the two of them taking up a entire side of seats in the compartment, while she laughed at something Remus had said to James, earning a scowl from the bespectacled boy.

Sirius sat on the floor, resting on Remus' legs as the taller boy was sitting on the seats behind him. He was playing Wizards Chess with Peter, who was also sitting on the floor, the two of them letting out small cheers and sighs simultaneously depending on wether or not it was their player that just got smashed into a thousand small pieces.

Sirius would never admit it, but Peter was definitely winning - he was a lot better at Wizards Chess than Sirius remembered.

Lily and Marlene sat on the seat besides Remus, talking to Alice who sat on the floor with her back resting against the door - the three of them were finishing off the last of the sweets that they had gotten from the Trolley Lady when she passed before, greeting them all with a smile that could brighten anyones day.

"If you had a book wrote about you? What do you think it would be called?" Cassie asked, grabbing the attention of James and Remus, the others too engrossed in what they were currently doing.

"Please," James said as he squeezed Cassie's calf with a laugh. "please, never stop asking the stupidest fucking questions you can come up with."

"What do you mean stupidest, these questions all have information that is of value to me."

"The other day you gave me a handful of grass and told me to pick my favourite blade from that handful, how is that information of value to you?"