𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

( chapter )thirty-four

( chapter )
thirty-four

LILY EVANS LET OUT A GIGGLE AS
she watched Cassie and Marlene splash each other, their shirts and legs now rather wet as the water they kicked kept getting higher and higher.

Alice shook her head as she watched them, laughing when Cassie made the water go so high that Marlene let out a loud, high pitched squeal.

"Anyways." Marlene turned to face Cassie, batting her eyelashes at the girl as the others watched her in confusion.

"When are you going to tell Lover-Boy how you feel." The giggles stopped as the other two girls also turned to look at Cassie, who then looked over at James, who was walking towards one of the students sitting on the grass.

She smiled at him, and he smiled back before they both looked away.

"Soon, I'm thinking this evening?" Cassie began, looking back at James quickly then looking away before he saw. "Pull him aside after dinner and then just tell him?"

The three girls shared looks before they all began to nod vigorously, laughing.

"That sounds good." Marlene exclaimed, smiling widely, she opened her mouth to say something again, just as James' voice cut through the air:

"Watch your fucking mouth!" He yelled, gaining the attention of the four girls sitting there.

Lily and Cassie quickly jumped to their feet when they saw what was going on.

Snape was being held in the air by his ankle, his robes and shirt handing above his head as he dangled.

James and Sirius were standing next to him, their wands pointed at him as Remus and Peter stood there, doing nothing.

Cassie ran over to James just as he began to speak again.

"You can insult me all you fucking want, but don't you dare," He stops to take a breath, "Don't you dare drag Cassie into this."

Cassie stared at James in shock, before she walked over to him and placed a hand on his arm. He instantly turned to look at her, the look on his face relaxing as he met her eyes.

The Slytherin smiled softly as James looked at her.

"Put him down." She said, her tone calm, but James just shook his head.

"No, Cassie. I'm not doing that, you didn't hear what he said." He replied, looking at Snape whose head was now a light shade of red.

Lily stopped a few feet away from James, having heard what he just said.

"Potter." She said, her voice eerily calm as she kept looking at Snape, her hands clenched slightly. "What did he say?"

James looked back down at Cassie, who was still looking up at him, a small frown on her face as she tilted her head to the side in confusion. Her pony-tail swishing lightly from the sudden movement of her head.