𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

( chapter seventy-three )tw: night terrors

tw: night terrors

CASSIOPEIA BLACKS SCREAM lingered in the air, everywhere eerily quiet for a moment, as if the scream had ridden the house of all it's life.

Her scream was made up of pure terror and pain that no-one should ever face.

It was a scream that would send shivers down anyones spine, making sure that even after the noise was long gone you would still believe that something was near. It sent goosebumps up your arms, all of them appearing at once like an army ready to attack. Your blood would run cold, like you had been dunked into a bath of ice without a single warning.

It made your heart ache for whoever was screaming as no-one should ever have to be that terrified, even if the thing they were scared of was real or not.

James and Sirius didn't waste a moment before they ran up the stairs, each second step being missed as the two boys ran up the stairs two at a time.

They didn't care if they tripped and fell down the stairs, nor did they care if they were to hurt themselves at all.

All they cared about was getting to Cassie.

They were soon at the top of the stairs, and then outside of James' room no more than a second later.

Cassie was laying in James' bed, Fleamont and Euphemia by her side as they tried to think of something to calm her down.

She was trashing around, her legs kicking underneath the red duvet, that was now twisted around her. Her hands were scratching at her skin, as if they were trying to free something that was underneath it.

White scratch marks were appearing from where her nails were dragging at her skin. Some of the marks had already turned a shade of red and a few of them had began to bleed from where her nails had cut the skin.

It was a horrible sight.

It was as if her body and mind had been taken over by something completely out of her control.

Cassie let out another piercing scream. It cut through the air as if it were as sharp as a thousand knives, stabbing all of their ears.

James and Sirius were quick to raise their hands to their ears, pressing down on them to stop the sound of the scream deafening them.

Euphemia and Fleamont quickly shared a look before they turned to face to the boys.

Fleamont caught sight of Regulus, who was standing just outside of the door, but only one side of his body was shown.

Fleamont could see that Regulus was shaking, his hands clasped together as he tried to stop. His eyes were wide as he looked at Cassie, they were full of tears that were illuminated slightly in the light that came from the open room.