𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

( chapter )forty-seven

( chapter )
forty-seven

CASSIOPEIA BLACK FOLLOWED HER parents and younger brother through the crowded station.

People around them squealed and jumped for joy as they saw their friends again, others cried slightly as they hugged family and gaurdians goodbye, wishing them well until the next time they saw eachother.

A few first years were nervously holding onto their parents or older siblings hands for dear life, as if worried they would dissappear the second they let go, while other first years ran around laughing and already making friends.

Cassie looked over at a daughter hugging her father tightly, creating creases in his jacket. But the man didn't care as he hugged his daughter back, running a hand through her hair and whispering something into her ear, making the young girl smile widely as she pulled her father closer.

Cassie couldn't help keep her eyes on the pair as she walked, not understanding why it hurt her so much to see a man look sad as he held his daughter close, looking as if he would miss her while she was gone.

Cassie didn't realise that her parents had stopped walking until she crashed into her fathers back, she looked at the small crease that she had made in his blazer, a frown appearing on her face.

Orion Blacks hand grabbed his daughters jaw, forcing her to look into his eyes that were filled with so much hatred as they glanced over the girls face.

He quickly looked around, before bringing her face closer to his, he was so close that Cassie could feel the breath that came out of his nose as he breathed heavily.

"You better be good this year Cassiopeia." He spat, Cassie stared at him, her hands clenched by her side.

"We won't be as patient this year." He let go of the girls jaw, and straightened his jacket, standing tall once again.

Cassie turned back around to look at the man and his daughter, she was now smiling as she looked up at her dad, waving goodbye before turning towards the ruby red train.

The man watched as his daughter got onto the train, staring at the door she where she had gotten on with a sad look in his eyes, but he still had a smile on his face, not making any movement to fix his creased jacket.

Cassies frown grew, the hurt she felt growing with it.

Thats what parents were supposed to be like.

Hugging their children tight and not wanting to let go, even if they had to leave.

Watching them until the last possible moment, but because you cared about them, not because they wanted to make sure you weren't ruining their reputation.

Parents were meant to look at their kids like they were the most beautiful thing in the world, like they loved them. Not like they were shit on the bottom of your shoe.