𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

( chapter sixty-eight )tw: abuse

tw: abuse

NIGHTMARES HAUNTED BOTH YOUR dreams and your reality. The monsters that hurt you in your nightmares couldn't always hurt you in reality, but it didn't stop you from checking under every bed and in ever closed door to.seen if they were there.

Lurking for the right time pounce.

Nightmares could haunt you to the point you awoke, a cold sweat covering your shaking body. But when you were awake, you can't wake up from that nightmare, no matter how hard you pinch yourself and try to convince yourself that it's only a dream, and that they can't hurt you here.

They can.

Nightmares were supposed to be a fragment of your imagination that had turned bad over the years. They were supposed to be something made up which sounded so stupid when you woke up and thought about what you had dreamt about.

They weren't supposed to be memories that you had to relive every time you wanted to sleep.

Every time you close your eyes.

Every time you blinked.

Cassiopeia Black couldn't rid the image of her parents standing above her from her head. Their chilling smiles etched into her memory, no matter how hard she tried to forget it, it wouldn't go.

It was as if they had permanently scarred her mind, making it so she would always remember that her parents didn't care what happened to her, that they only cared about themselves and their reputation.

Maybe it would stop her from making any more of the wrong decisions if she was always thinking about what her parents would do without a second thought.

Tears were prickling under her eyelids, she didn't try to stop them. She knew that she wouldn't have been able to anyways, she was too drained.

Cassie finally felt like giving up and letting her parents win. She hated even thinking about doing that, but everything was rapidly becoming too much for her.

She already felt as if she was loosing herself, what would it matter if she lost others too?

But Cassie knew that it would matter to her more than anything if she lost others too. She knew that the pain she would feel from loosing them would be must worse than the pain she would face under the spell.

She would feel too guilty; she knew that she would hurt them all, and she knew that she would never be able to do that to any of them.

They all meant too much to her for her to loose them.

Cassie wouldn't give up.

She couldn't, she wouldn't.

She wanted to keep fighting, she couldn't let her parents win and control her just like they had been trying to for her entire life.