𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

( chapter seventy-five )

CASSIOPIEA BLACK WAS PUTTING ON a façade, it hid the parts of her that she didn't want anyone to see.

The parts of her that she thought would make anyone run when they saw them, the parts of her that she was told to hide from anyone when she was barley a few years old.

She had let that act fall only a few times since she had been told not to. She hated herself each time she did so, but she couldn't deny that after a few of those times, it felt as if a weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

Yet, here she was.

Pretending that everything was alright. When it really wasn't.

Cassie's head was constantly swimming with thoughts, but it felt as if the only thoughts she wanted were drowning in the others and she couldn't save them.

She didn't want anyone to know what she was still in pain, nor did she want people to know the thoughts that were going through her head.

She didn't know if it was because she hated that people would probably think that she was weak, seeing as even after she had been given countless potions and spells she still was still in so much pain.

Or if it was because she didn't want anyone to think that she was needy, she had only been at the Potters for a couple of days and she already needed more potions than she had ever needed in her life.

Or if it was because she hated relying on others, she had grown up for as long as she could remember having to do everything for herself, and when she started Hogwarts she still did things for herself, hardly letting anyone else do other things for her. She had only started making an exception in the last couple of months.

Cassie didn't entirely know why she was keeping it to herself, seeing as everyone had been nothing but kind to her since she had arrived and James had always been nice to her, even before they started being friends.

She knew that eventually she would tell people, the battles in her mind winning against the barrier that was in her mouth, keeping her from saying a word.

Cassie also knew that it would will a lot sooner than she thought, as she had never felt so loved within a second of knowing people.

But for now, she felt content keeping it to herself, as that was what she was used to doing.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Cassie let out a shaky breath as she held either side of the table, trying to lower herself onto the wooden chair without too much pain shooting through her body.

She closed her eyes for a short moment as she finally sat down, her whole body seemed to be shaking slightly, she let in a short breath as she sat still, not daring to move once again just in case.