𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

( chapter ) forty-eight

( chapter )
forty-eight

THE TRAIN RATTLED UNDERNEATH
the Sixth Years feet as they sat down in their chosen compartment.

James and Cassie sat on one of the seats, the two of them with their feet up on the seat and their legs entangled slightly, Cassie leaning into James side while he placed his arm around her waist.

Sirius was on the seat opposite them, sweets scattered on his lap as he bit the head off a chocolate frog, making its limbs stop moving just before it made it's jump for freedom. He was slowly shaking his head at James's face, which held a confused expression as he tried to get his head around something Sirius had just said, and was trying to hold in his laugh.

Remus was next to Sirius, slowly eating a large bar of chocolate and rolling his eyes but he laughed softly. Peter was next to Remus, sort of squashed into the side of the compartment where the door was. He hands were resting in his lap as he watched the other four in the compartment in awe. Laughing way too loudly at jokes, however it only made the others smile at him.

"You can't be serious." James said, slowly shaking his head as he looked up at Sirius, who was grinning widely and now nodding his head.

"I am Sirius."
"He is Sirius."

Sirius and Cassie spoke up at the same time, the two of them letting out a short laugh as James rolled his eyes at the two of them, but he couldn't help the smile that appeared on his face.

He honestly couldn't put it into words how happy he felt to be in that position right then and there. Cassie in his arms, finally he was breathing in her lavender scented shampoo once again, the butterflies in his stomach growing at the sense of comfort that came with that smell. He was also happy to be reunited with her, James didn't know that you could miss anyone as much as he had missed Cassie over the summer, his heart aching with everyword they spoke over the two-way mirror, and then his heart breaking as he heard the fear in her voice as she spoke to her father, he wanted to climb through the mirror and bring here back to his, somewhere he knew she would be safe and cared for. He knew that while she was in his arms, she was safe. Her parents weren't around to hurt her anymore, and he wouldn't let them hurt her here, he wouldn't let anyone hurt her here. Not while he was with her.

"Shut up you two." James said quickly, the smile on his face growing as he wrapped his arm tighter around Cassies waist, pulling her closer to him.

"No, but seriously - don't you dare say a thing Cassie - I know it's not true."

Sirius only shrugged as he stuffed another chocolate frog into his mouth, taking a minute to chew the chocolate before swallowing and turning back to James to speak.