𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

( chapter ) fifty-ninetw; mentions of abuse

( chapter )
fifty-nine
tw; mentions of abuse

CASSIOPEIA BLACK SAT ON THE edge of James' beds. Her hair was tied up into a messy bun atop of her head; a few strands framing her face and others sticking out of the bun matted from the tears. Her eyes were rimmed red and had a constant shimmer to them due to the tears that refused to fall. Her cheeks were stained with tears, small tracks lined her face from where the tears had raced to the bottom of her chin.

She was still wearing James' sweatpants and sweatshirt. The way it smelt brought her comfort, and it stopped more tears from falling when she knew that they desperately wanted to. She was surprised that she still had tears to cry seeing as that had been the main thing she had done the past few days.

James was sat next to his girlfriend, his hand entwined with hers, giving her hand a squeeze when he felt like she needed it and his thumb constantly rubbing the back of her hand. Giving her reassurance without saying a word.

James ran his free hand through his hair as he looked over at the bed infront of him, where Sirius was sat, his eyebrows knit in confusion as he looked over the two.

"What's wrong?" Sirius asked after a few moments of silence.

"You're not pregnant, are you?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at Cassie, who rolled her eyes, letting out a small sigh.

"No. I'm not fucking pregnant."

James gave Cassie's hand a tight squeeze. She took in a deep breath, calming herself down.

Sirius looked between the two of them once again, his eyes widening slightly as he did so. Sirius was beginning to get worried now, he'd never seen James or Cassie that quiet before, and he hated it.

Their silence was deafening.

"Someone tell me what's going on." He said, his voice shaking ever so slightly.

Cassie and James shared a look, James gave her hand another squeeze, running his thumb over the back of her hand once again.

Cassie looked up at James with pleading eyes, but he only shook his head.

"It's your place to tell him love, not mine."

She looked down.

"I can't make you say anything, but I think it would be best if you did. It would be best for both of you."

Cassie nodded slowly, wiping the non-existent tears from her cheeks as she looked up again, as if preparing herself for when they fell.

She knew she would have to tell him. She would have to tell him eventually, and she didn't how long she could keep this a secret. She definitely couldn't ask James to keep something that big from his best-friend until she gained enough courage to tell him. That wasn't fair on any of them.