𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆

( chapter ) fifty

( chapter )
fifty

JAMES POTTER NEVER EXPECTED
Cassie to be the girl who always craved physical touch.

Maybe it was because physical love was something she had lacked since she was a child, her parents not holding her unless necessary and then leaving her to care for herself when she was able to. Or maybe it was because she felt it was the only way she would stay in reality, someone holding her down to earth and not letting her mind wonder to placed she didn't want it to go.

Whichever it was, James wasn't complaining.

He loved the way he and Cassie were always touching, it was her hand always reaching for James', their fingers intwined under tables and next to them as they walked side by side, or if it was his arm always around her waist, the girl putting it there on the few occasions that it wasn't. Perhaps it was Cassie sitting next to James, her head resting in his lap as he ran his fingers through her hair. Maybe it was the two of them hugging whenever they stood up, James arms around her waist and hers around his neck, the two of them whispering to one another, as if they were the only two people in the world.

Cassie craving physical touch was the reason the two were currently leaning against a tree near the Black Lake, Cassie sitting on James lap, resting her back against his chest, their legs intwined and his arms resting around her waist.

Lily and Sirius were sitting opposite the couple, soaking in the last of the September sun.

Lily was reading a book which was resting on the green grass, her hand over her eyes shelding then from the sun, her hair spread infront of her face as she leant over her book to read it.

Sirius was lying on the grass, his arms and legs spread out as if he were a star fish as he looked up at the sky, randomly shouting out and pointing at clouds that were shaped like something familiar.

Cassie rolled her eyes as she looked up at another cloud, Sirius having yelled that it looked like a dinosaur seconds before.

"Sirius, what fucking dinosaurs have you seen?" She spoke, Lily looking up from her book at at the girl.

"Because if you think that's a dinosaur, I think we should all be worried." James shook his head, a smile on his face as he laughed softly at the girl.

Sirius lifted his head up and looked at Cassie, an unamused expression on his face.

"You're not funny."

"But I think I am."

Sirius' expression didn't change as he raised his middle finger at the girl, before laying his head back down on the grass.

Cassie looked up at James, who smiled softly down at her.

"You think I'm funny, don't you babe?"