𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

( chapter ) sixty-four

( chapter )
sixty-four

"CASSIE, LOVE. KNOCK, KNOCK."
James Potter said with a large grin as he looked across the table at his girlfriend, who was eating a bowl of strawberries.

Cassie looked up at James and tilted her head to the side. James smiled a little more as their eyes met.

Even though they had been dating for months now, he still got the same small butterflies in his stomach as he did the first day they began to date. It didn't help that he thought she looked stunning, constantly.

Cassie felt the same butterflies in her stomach every time James grinned that same dopey grin at her, it always put a smile on her face. Even when she had felt like stabbing him moments before.

"Come in?"

James stared at her.

"What?"

"Also, why the fuck are you knocking, there's no door."

James continued to stare at her.

"Love, do you not know what a Knock Knock joke is?"

Cassie shook her head slowly, placing another strawberry in her mouth with a small frown as James let out an overdramatic gasp, grabbing the attention of a few people around the two of them.

"Is it important?" She asked, her frown growing ever so slightly.

James' eyes widened as he saw the frown on Cassies face, and he reached over the table to grab her hand, his thumb running over the back of her hand in a reassuring way without a second thought.

"No, love, it's not important, just a shock-"

"What's a shock?" Sirius came and sat down next to Cassie. His hand reached for one of the strawberries from the bowl infront of her, only to have his hand slapped away by Cassies free hand. Sirius pouted for a moment, before he turned back to James.

"What's a shock?"

"Sirius, knock knock."

Sirius smiled widely, replying without a moments hesitation.

"Who's there?"

"James is there?" Cassie said, causing both boys to let out a laugh.

Cassie let go of James' hand and crossed her arms, frowning more.

"Fuck off, both of you." James instantly stopped laughing, realising that Cassie wasn't in the mood for jokes at that moment in time.

Sirius however, didn't realise as he turned to face the girl, slowly shaking his head.

"You really need to work on your people skills."

Cassie didn't wait a moment before shoving her bowl of strawberries into Sirius' face, she stood up and walked out of the Great Hall.