𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

( chapter )fifty-five

( chapter )
fifty-five

CASSIOPEIA BLACK LET OUT A HUFF as Madam Pomfrey gave her another potion to drink, Cassie looked down at the liquid in the cup and frowned, swishing it around.

She didn't remember what this one was for, it was either for the bruises that continued to littered her arms despite the countless potions she had taken already to get rid of them.

Or it was for the sleepless nights she faced, her dreams constantly filled with the screams of her brother as he faced the pain that she did. But his screams hurt her more than the spell did.

She knew it wasn't for the scratches on her face, the faint white lines that remained in place of them. Cassie didn't want to get rid of the scars, even if they did make it look like she had tears streaming down her face from far away.

"Please Madam Pomfrey," the girl whined as she looked up at the woman.

"Miss Black, you're not fully healed yet, it would be best if you stayed here for a few more days-"

"But I've already been here for two days, plus it's my birthday, I don't want to be trapped her on my birthday."

Madam Pomfrey raised an eyebrow as she looked at the girl, shaking her head as she motioned for Cassie to drink the potion.

Cassie drank the potion, scrunching her face up in disgust as the liquid hit her tongue, the disgusting taste filling her mouth.

"What did you expect? Pumpkin juice?" Madam Pomfrey asked as she took the empty cup off the girl, placing it back on the tray besides the bedside table.

Cassie shrugged, looking up at the woman once again

"Please Madam Pomfrey, I'll come straight back if I have anymore nightmares, as that's all it was. A nightmare." She kept her gaze with Madam Pomfreys, the woman shaking her head slightly.

"Miss Black-"

"Please Madam Pomfrey, please."

Madam Pomfrey stared at the woman for a few moments, before she nodded her head slightly.

"Alright," She said, lifting up the tray with the potions on and looking down at Cassie one more time.

"As long as you promise to come if you have another nightmare."

Cassie grinned as she nodded, quickly standing up and hiding the small wince she did as a small jolt of pain shot through her arm as she held herself up.

However, she did let out a small sigh of relief when she realised that the pain she felt was a lot less than what she had felt the day before.

"Thank you."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

James smiled as he watched Cassie clap and stomp her feet to the sound of the music, seeming more alive than she had in days as she did so.