𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

( chapter ) thirty-right

( chapter )
thirty-right

JAMES POTTER PANTED AS HE
exited one of the broom closests, looking both ways before running in the direction of the Gryffindor common rooms.

"Balderdash! Balderdash!" James exclaimed as he came to a skidded halt infront of the painting of the Fat-Lady, who rolled her eyes before swinging open, muttering something about manners as James scrambled into the common room.

"Did you do it?" Sirius asked the second the painting closed behind James.

The boy with glasses nodded as he ran a hand through his hair, taking a step towards the other three Marauders who were lounging on the sofas in the middle of the room.

Nearly everyone had already gone up to bed, apart from a couple of stray seventh years who were making the most of their time at Hogwarts before they left the doors for the last time.

The fire in the room was slowly dying out as the almost-full moon light up the rest of the common room. Remus was half-asleep as he listened half heartedly to the rest of the Marauders conversation, nodding and adding something in every now and again. The full moon was the next night, and he was exhausted.

Peter was sat on the edge of his seat, eyes wide as he looked between James and Sirius who were talking in excited, hushed whispers as they went over the details of the plan one last time before the next day.

Sirius was lying upside-down on the chair so his feet were over the back and his head hanging over the seat. His hair hanging like a mane around his head.

James yawned every now and again as he talked to Sirius, laughing when the boy made a sarcastic comment. He held the Golden-Snitch infront of him as he talked, letting it fly a little bit away before he caught it again.

A few hours past and soon the common room was empty apart from the Marauders.

Remus was asleep, his soft snores breaking the silence when James and Sirius stopped talking for a few minutes, the two of them yawning quite often. Peters head was now resting in the palm of his hand, he was dozing off every now and again, making his head smack the arm of the chair as it fell.

James stood up just as the fire died out, making the room completely dark.

"Oh, it's gona dark." Sirius stated simply as he sat up right.

"No shit, Sherlock." Cassies voice cut in as she waved her wand, the candles in the common room illuminating as she stood at the bottom of the common room stairs.

James instantly smiled as he saw her, walking over to her and giving her a large hug and kissing her on the top of her head.

"I didn't know you were up there love." James said as Cassie wrapped her arms around him, shrugging slightly.