one hundred and eight

・・・☽✥☾・・・

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHT

・・・☽✥☾・・・

CASSIOPEIA BLACK WOULD DEFEND HER loved ones until the day she died - well, maybe not Sirius; but everyone else she would without a second doubt.

Unless they were one-hundred percent in the wrong, Cassie wouldn't stand for anyone talking shit about the people that she loved.

She knew what it was like to have no-one stand up for you while you got called all sorts of names and had all kinds of abuse shouted at you, and she wouldn't stand for anyone having that happen to her.

Cassie knew that she'd always argue with anyone if they did talk shit about her friends and family, even if it got her in trouble.

That was the reason she was holding a scared Crookshanks to her chest - covering his ears as best as she could - while Petunia yelled at the both of them.

Cassie had been sleeping when Petunia burst into Lily's room. She was shouting so loudly that in her half-asleep state, Cassie had no idea what she was saying.

And it wasn't until Petunia quite literally dragged Cassie into her room by her arm and pointed at the dead rat on her bed did Cassie slightly understand what was going on.

"He should clean up after himself!" Petunia screeched, pointing at the cat, who only let out a 'meow' in response.

"He's a fucking cat- what do you want him to do? Clean the fucking kitchen? Do your washing-?"

"I'm not stupid, I know that he's only a cat. But he should know not to leave his food lying around."

Cassie blinked, she looked down at Crookshank's and back up at Petunia.

"He shits in a box. He hardly has common curtsy."

Petunia was seething.

It was clear as day that Cassie found the whole argument amusing, her responses to Petunia's yells were said with a lot of sarcasm lacing her voice.

She couldn't understand why Cassie wasn't talking it serious, her bed was covered in blood. From a rat nonetheless.

Cassie was just confused on why Petunia thought that a cat would know right from wrong.

"He should know that you don't eat rats! And that you especially don't leave them laying around."

"I praise him when he eats a rat." Cassie stated simply.

A smug smile made its way onto her face when she saw Petunia falter for a moment before speaking again.

"What?"

"I praise him, he's just doing what's in his nature. Just like how it's in your nature to be disgusted by things like that."

"What?"

Cassie let out a small sigh, at least she wasn't yelling anymore.

"It's in his nature. He's only doing what a cat should do."