forty-one

( chapter )forty-one

( chapter )
forty-one

"JAMES POTTER, YOU LITTLE SHIT-
I mean, you little ray of sunshine!" Sirius exclaimed as he stood in the doorway, leading into the kitchen in Potter Manor.

His hair was a mess, sticking up in all directions above his head, showing that he had just woken up. His pyjamas bottoms hanging rather low on his hips, a pair of bright red fluffy socks on his feet clashing with the blue of his bottoms.

Sirius' voice was husky, his throat rather horse as his eyes widened, looking at the kitchen table, where all three Potters sat.

James let out a small laugh as he let out a wolf-whistle, making his parents look at him oddly.

"We didn't know you were gay James." Euphemia Potter joked with a warm smile on her face as she stood up, offering her chair to Sirius, who was laughing so hard he needed the chair to support him.

James shook his head, rolling his eyes at his mum as his dad placed a hand on his shoulder.

"That's because I'm not-" James began, only to be interrupted by his dad.

"You know we'll support you whatever son."

"I'm not gay!" He exclaimed, shaking his head again, glaring daggers at a still laughing Sirius.

"I hope not." Sirius said, taking deep breaths trying to calm himself down, thanking Euphemia as she put a plate of pancakes down infront of him.

"Otherwise you'd have to explain why you began dating my sister."

Sirius ducked as James threw his slipper at the him.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Cassie stood infront of the bathroom mirror that was layered in dust and dirt. The glass still cracked from when Sirius had punched it years before.

Silent tears fell down her face as she stared at her reflection, the one so different than she had seen only days before.

One of her eyes was almost swollen shut, blood that had dried on her eyelid now mixing with her tears creating red tracks running down her face. Her bottom lip was swollen and throbbing, the blood-vessles in it threatening to burst any second.

Her whole body ached with any form of movement, her chest feeling as if was going to burst each time she took a breath. Her arms and legs were littered with bruises, some large and some small, but all of them hurting when she accidentally touched or knocked them.

Her hair was unkempt, knotted with blood and dirt, impossible to get a comb through. Large bags took up the skin underneath her eyes, making her look as if she hadn't slept in years, and that's what it felt like.