twenty-three

( chapter )twenty-three

( chapter )
twenty-three

SIRIUS BLACK SMIRKED AS HE AND the other three Marauders walked out of the castle and into the Courtyard.

The sun melting the last bits of snow that rested on the grass and paths, leaving puddles in their place. He stopped, looking around. When he saw who he was looking for he turned to the other three boys.

"Ready?" He asked, the smirk not once leaving his face. Remus and James nodded, but Peter was shaking as he looked over Sirius' shoulder and at the boy.

"W-why do we have to help?" He asked, looking back at Sirius, his eyed widened as he watched the boy narrow his eyes at him.

"Because, Wormtail, Cassie is my sister," Sirius began.

"And I don't want to face detention alone." Peter nodded, but he didn't look convinced, James wrapped an arm around his neck.

"Put it this way, Wormy, if you throw a good hex, girls will be all over you." Peters eyes widened again, but this time he nodded.

Sirius smirked more and clasped his hands together, before walking over to where Evan Rosier sat, the other three right behined him.

"Oi, Rosier!" He yelled when he was a few feet away from the boy. Evan, who was sitting alone, looked up from his book, a grin appearing on his face as he saw Sirius standing there.

"Black, nice to see you again."

Sirius scoffed.

"Can't say the same."

Evan stood up, placing his book on the grass he was sitting on.

"Can I help you?" He asked, his voice dripping with fake sympathy, it took every muscle in Sirius' body to stop him from pouncing on Evan then and there, but he kept his cool.

"I'm here to talk about my sister." Evans grin only grew, his eyes narrowing ever so slightly.

"Have I told you she's a good kisser?" He asked. "Well, I mean, from the taste I got."

Sirius' hand itched for his wand, but James sent him a warning glare, causing him to ignore what Evan had said. He didn't want to do anything too rash, yet.

"You kissed her, without her permission." Sirius said, his voice eerily calm. Evan furrowed his eyebrows.

"I think I remember something like that happening, right before she freaked out," Sirius titled his head to the side slightly.

"What?" He asked, hundreds of thoughts running through his mind.

Evan let out a hollow laugh, "She didn't tell you?" Sirius shook his head.