𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼

( chapter seventy-two )

FLEAMONT POTTER HELD HIS WIFES wand over his head, shaking his head slowly as she continued to try and reach it.

Euphemia reached for her wand once more, before she crossed her arms, looking up at her husband with a cross expression upon her face.

"Fleamont Potter, you give me my wand this instant. Or so help me-"

"Mia, I'm not going to give you your wand back." He responded, his voice calm and soft as he talked to her.

"Fleamont Potter-"

"Mia, I said no."

It was now Euphemias turn to shake her head as she looked up at her wand once again, before she sat down in one of the chairs at the table.

"Fleamont, we can't just let them get away with it." Euphemia spoke a frown making its way onto her face as she looked down at her hands.

"They've scarred those children, most likely for life. Did you see the state that that young girl was in? Because of her own parents." Her words were becoming rushed and her voice was raising slightly.

Both of their hearts broke for the Black children.

They hated that they didn't get them out of there when Sirius came to them almost two years ago, when they saw how he was and how he acted and they just left the other two in that awful place.

They hated that after all Sirius told them about his home life, they still didn't go and take Cassie and Regulus away from Grimmauld Place.

They knew now, that if they were given the option, they would do it without a second thought.

"You remember how Sirius was when he came to us, don't you?" She asked, finally looking up from her hands and at her husband once again.

Fleamont was now sitting down opposite his wife. Her wand was resting on the table, but she didn't make a move to grab it.

"Of course I do." He replied, his voice barley above a whisper.

"Then you remember how love deprived he was from people who weren't James, Peter and Remus, or even Cassie." Euphemia continued, her eyes locking on her husbands.

"You remember how he wouldn't say his opinion on anything, he wouldn't say how he liked something even if he completely despised the way we had done if for him. You remember that he didn't sleep at night, and he drank so much coffee during the day to keep himself awake."