𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

( chapter seventy-four )tw: mentions of abuse

tw: mentions of abuse

JAMES POTTER LAY WITH HIS girlfriend wrapped in his arm long after she had fallen back into a deep sleep, this time, it wasn't disturbed by any nightmares that haunted her head.

His thumb continued to run over the back of her hand absentmindedly, his hand giving hers a squeeze every few minuets.

His other arm was draped around her waist, the grip that he had on her before now loosened as he thought that she wasn't going to wake up or have another nightmare anytime soon.

Even thought Cassie had now been asleep for a few more hours, James didn't move or even fall asleep himself.

He didn't know if he was staying awake in case she woke up — even if that was due to a nightmare other just waking up on her own James just knew that he wanted to be awake when she woke up, he wanted to be there if she was in anymore pain.

Or if he was only staying awake to spend as much time with her as possible. He didn't mention it to anyone, but when Regulus had told him and Sirius that they would probably be coming to them soon, he couldn't help but worry more than he thought he ever could. Images of her in pain filled his mind every hour of the day; images of her slowly loosing any life that was left in her; images of her dying.

It broke his heart, he didn't know if what he was imagining was happening or not and knowing Cassies parents, it could have been.

James didn't want to ever let Cassie go, he just wanted to stay with her forever and a day.

James lay there for only a few hours more, when Cassie began to stir slightly.

The sun was low in the oddly clear sky, painting the normal blue with shades of pink and orange. Its light rays hung low in, now only illuminating the bottom part of the sky and the horizon. The small town the other side of the village where the Potter Cottage resided was now only a black silhouette, the outline of the houses, shops and church looking mesmerising with the orange sun behind them. A few stray stars had began to appear in the parts of the sky that were slowly turning a pitch black. A cold breeze was coming in through James slightly open window, the trees in its path swaying side to side as the wind pushed past their fragile branched.

James froze for a short moment as he felt Cassie shift around, he had pulled the duvet back up to cover her when she had first stopped moving squirming around in the bed, he didn't want to move and wake her if she wasn't yet ready to wake up.

He stayed still for a moment, before Cassie's head moved, she was now looking up at him.

James' heart skipped a beat as their eyes met, his chocolate brown ones meeting her stormy grey ones. He had missed those eyes; the way they lit up when she laughed, the way that they crinkled at the edges as she smiled up at him with a smirk on her face, the slight glassy look she had in them when she had just woken up, the way they stared at him with such love.