one hundred and six

・・・☽✥☾・・・

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED AND SIX

・・・☽✥☾・・・

THE EVANS FAMILY - BAR PETUNIA - all let out small chuckles as they watched the awed look on Cassie's face only grow as she picked up a toaster and held it close to her face to inspect it.

Her glasses were perched on her nose so that she could see the item better, her mouth slightly agape.

They could her mumbling under her breath is disbelief as she held the toaster even closer to her eyes and turned it upside-down so that she could see the bottom of it.

The bread inside of it fell out, but that only made Cassie look even more in awe.

She had been staying with the Evans family for just under a week, and every day had been just as awe filled for the Slytherin and just as amusing for the family of four.

Cassie wasn't used to nearly any muggle items being around her, never mind them being around her to use.

The only items she had ever been around had been those in Muggle Studies and then the items that the Potters had, but they too used their wands quiet often so didn't have that many products.

Everything was new to her, and Cassie couldn't wait to learn everything there was to know.

From the moment she'd stepped into the Evans' home she had been asking more questions than she had ever asked before.

Questions about the object and what it did, and then it was usually followed by questions of how it worked - most of which they couldn't answer as they didn't know themselves.

Cassie had hardly used her wand - and practically told Lily off anytime she tried to - as she tried to use every piece of muggle equipment she could.

She'd jumped out of her skin the first time Mrs Evans had used the hoover and then had almost sucked her hair up it when looking at it closer.

She'd added too much soap to the washing machine when Lily taught her how to do the laundry; Cassie had cleaned up the bubbles with magic, but not before her and Lily had a bubble fight.

She'd also nearly broken one of Lily's cassette tapes as she tried to figure out how they worked and where the 'black tape' as she put it, went; Lily wasn't angry, instead she was amused and broke one of her least favourite ones to show Cassie the inside.

Petunia didn't like Cassie, but she honestly couldn't have cared less. Cassie assumed it was because she was different and because of the way she was just so amazed by everything muggles found normal.

It may also have been the fact that she turned Petunias hair a bright orange, but she thought that was slightly far fetched.

"What is it?" Cassie asked as she held the toaster in one hand and the piece of bread in the other.

"It's a-"

"I didn't ask you Lily." Cassie said with a scrunch of her nose in Lily's direction, she then turned to Lily's mum with a large grin on her face.