one hundred and twelve

( chapter )one hundred and twelve

( chapter )
one hundred and twelve

CASSIOPEIA BLACK RUBBED THE SLEEP from her eyes as she made her way down the stairs; one of her hands was tightly grabbing the stairs bannisters to ensure she didn't trip over the bottom of her pyjamas bottoms that had once belonged to James.

Her hair was in two braids either side of her head, a few shorter strands of her hair sticking up in all directions around her face. They didn't go flat no matter how many times she brushed them.

The top she was wearing was one of Sirius' old queen ones, it was white with the bands members printed in black on the front. It had the been his favourite shirt for a long time, that was before he split coffee down the front of it.

By the time Euphemia had cleaned it and gotten the stain out of it, he had another favourite shirt and gave it to Cassie. The ink on the front was being to come off and there were a few holes in the stop from where Crookshanks had gotten his claws caught.

The bottoms were a pair of James', she had stolen them from him the last time she stayed over. They were red and black in a plaid pattern and were too long on her, but she loved them anyways.

Crookshanks was at the bottom of the stairs, he was meowing impatiently as he waited for her to reach him and give him some food.

Cassie had barely made it to the bottom of the stairs before Lily appeared from behind the kitchen door.

Lily was already dressed, wearing a cute, white tank top and a pair of denim shorts. Her red-hair was tied up into a ponytail that swayed when she stepped.

Cassie opened her mouth to say good morning to her friend, however she didn't get the chance to say anything before Lily grabbed her arm and yanked her through the door.

"Lily, what the fuc-" Cassie began, however she was quick to change what she was saying when she caught sight of Mr and Mrs Evans, who were sitting at the kitchen table with two letters in front of them.

"Fudge. Lily, what the fudge. I just woke up."

"I can tell, you still have morning breath-"

"No I do not. I brushed my teeth before I came down." Cassie said defensively, walking over to the coffee that rested on the side and pouring herself a mug.

Cassie still didn't really understand how it worked, one moment you had little brown bits and the next you had coffee; but after asking for the 12th time and still not getting it when they explained, she gave up trying to.