four

( chapter ) four

( chapter )
four

CASSIOPEIA AWOKE WITH A START, her breathing heavy as she sat up, placing her hand on her chest where she could feel her heart beating in a quick pace.

She closed her eyes, taking a few deep breaths in through her mouth and out through her nose, a frown etched on her lips.

The moon light was illuminating her face, shining through the black lake and the green, lace curtains. Slowly she began to open her eyes, taking another breath, she laid back down in her bed, but Cassie knew she wasn't going to sleep a wink tonight.

So she laid under her sheets, her eyes wide listening to any noise that was made, flinching as owls flew last the moon, blocking the light for only a few moments.

Nightmares were something she had been getting for a few weeks, they began when Sirius left, she couldn't tell anyone.

Even though she wasn't a Gryffindor, she didn't want people to think of her as weak, even though that was how she thought of herself.

They were always the same dream, always the same thing happening.

Screams and shouts pierced the dark-haired girls ears as she slept, the past haunting her in the only place that she couldn't stop it from hurting, the only place where reality shouldn't be.

Not even Nova knew of her dreams and she told her best friend everything, well almost everything.

The blonde knew something was wrong with her friend, the small bags underneath her eyes showed it, how she was yawning every other sentence.

But Nova didn't want to ask, Cassie was a thoughtful girl, and she never liked to tell others her problems, seeing as she didn't want them to worry about her, Cassie was determined to worry about others over them worrying about her. So she kept her problems to herself, no matter how big they were, but Sirius knew when something was up, they were twins after all.

•••

"She cried last night," Sirius said, looking at his sister, a frown etched on his lips.

It was currently dinner the day after Sirius and Cassie had made up, he knew that something was wrong with his sister from the moment she broke down crying in front of him, she never did it back at Grimmauld Place, no matter how bad things were there.

Peter stopped stuffing his face with cheese and looked up at Sirius, Remus and James following his actions, turning to look at the dark haired boy, who was paying no attention to them. Sirius hadn't said anything about the night before in detention with Cassie, apart from the fact that they had made up.