ninety-two

・・・☽✥☾・・・

CHAPTER NINETY-TWO

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"I THINK I'VE COME TO A POINT IN this MY life where I need a word stronger than fuck." Cassie admitted, letting out a watery chuckle that didn't hold any amusement in it.

Her eyes were looking down at the ground and her head was bowed so that James couldn't see the tears that were gathering in them.

She brought her hand up to wipe the tears that she felt falling down her cheeks, however, it was hard to hide the tears from him when they began to fall away from her face and onto her skirt.

James didn't wait a second before pulling Cassie onto his lap, moving her legs so that they could wrap around his waist with ease, one of his hands moved so it was wrapped around her waist and the other ran his fingers through her hair as she cried into his shoulder.

James didn't say anything while she cried, he just held her reassuringly, letting her cry.

He could tell that she had been bottling the feeling inside of her for as long as she possibly could by the way her tears came heavy and quickly, drenching her face and his shoulder in them.

It seemed as if having another episode had pushed her over the edge of a cliff that had been getting higher each second she held in her emotions.

James hated seeing Cassie like this, sobbing and knowing that he couldn't do anything to
help her. It made his heart feel heavy in his chest and as if it would break more with each sob.

But at the same time, he was thankful that now she felt comfortable enough to cry around him, knowing that once there was a time where she would have much rather done anything but that.

He was happy that she had found comfort in him and the girls, people that she loved her and that she didn't feel obliged to not about how she felt around them, but that obviously didn't mean he liked to see her cry.

It was only when her sobs had reduced to small sniffles did Cassie speak again.

"I'm sorry."

James shook his head, pressing a quick kiss to her temple, the hand that was running through her hair had moved and he was now wiping away any remaining tears with a gentle touch.

"You have nothing to be sorry about, love." Cassie looked down again, and James' hand moved from wiping her tears to her chin, he pulled her head up so that their eyes met.

"Listen, it was a small setback, and just think of how well you are doing-"

"It's just so hard." Cassie interrupted, rubbing her face as more tears threatened to fall from her eyes.

James' heart felt even heavier in his chest as he grabbed Cassie's hands and pulled them away from her face, he held them in his own, squeezing them a few times.

Cassie was still sitting with her legs wrapped around his waist, but now she was sitting back slightly so there was some room between the two of them.

"Hey, hey," James said as a few more tears fell from her stormy eyes, he quickly raised one of his hands to wipe them away while his other hand grabbed one of Cassie's and began to run his thumb over the back of it.