𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

( chapter )fifty-seven

( chapter )
fifty-seven

JAMES POTTER SAID NOTHING AS HE helped his girlfriend change into a pair of his grey sweatpants and one of his shirts, which was way to big for her.

He whispered sweet nothings in her ear as he wiped away her tears once again, pressing his lips to her forehead.

He played with her hair as the two of them lay in his bed together, her head resting on his chest, her breathing becoming more even as she listened to the sound of his heartbeat.

James grabbed one of her hands tightly in his as her tears continued to soak his chest, her eyes now red and puffy from the amount of crying she had done.

He held her tightly and never intended to let her go.

He was worried that if he let her go then something else would happen, and he didn't think he could cope knowing that something was happening to the girl he loved.

He couldn't cope knowing that she wasn't alright.

He hated the way that she had kept that from him for so long, that she had kept it from everyone for so long. But he wasn't mad at her, he could never be mad at her.

James knew that something like that must be hard to tell anyone, and the fact that she didn't know how anyone would react when she told them only made him think it was so much harder. He couldn't begin to imagine what she had been through, the battles that she would have had against her own mind.

James wanted her to know that she could tell him anything, no matter how big or small he would always care and listen.

James looked down at Cassie, frowning as he pushed a piece of hair, which was sticking to her wet cheeks, out of her face. He kissed her forehead again, his lips lingering on her skin.

He looked towards the door of his dorm as it opened, the three loud boys falling silent as they caught sight of the two.

Remus and Peter shared a look.

Sirius began to wiggle his eyebrows, however he stopped doing so as he noticed the tear marks running down his sisters face. He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at James.

He opened his mouth to speak, but James quickly raised a finger to his lips, telling him to be quiet.

"I'll explain later." He mouthed, and the other three boys nodded their heads before they left the dorm, leaving the couple for the time they needed together.

James wasn't going to tell Sirius any of what Cassie had told him, no matter how much he wanted to. He knew that it wasn't his place to, and he knew that if he told someone else then he would be betraying her trust.

James looked down at her one more time, frowning again at how peaceful she looked compared to only hours before.

James didn't sleep much that night, instead he held Cassie close, always running his hand through her hair as she began to stir soothing her back to sleep almost instantly. He kept his hand holding onto hers, his thumb running over the back of her hand.