𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼

( chapter )sixty-two

( chapter )
sixty-two

JAMES POTTER AND CASSIOPEIA Black walked hand in hand, the two of them both wearing scarfs, hats and gloves to protect their skin from the blistering cold. James' thumb was absent-mindedly running over the back of Cassies hand as they walked through the courtyards of the school.

The couple had decided they wanted to go on a date last minute, so they settled for walking around the school grounds together. But they both thought it was perfect.

James looked down at Cassie, a smile making its way onto his face as he saw the red on the tip of her nose and cheeks.

He thought she looked adorable.

Her scarf was pulled up around her neck, it was just covering her chin. Her hat was pulled down low on her head, covering her eyebrows and resting just above her eyes, there was a large green pom-pom on top of the hat that shook slightly she walked. Her gloves were charmed so that they kept her hands warm, something she was greatful for.

Cassie looked up at James, catching him staring. A red blush rose to her cheeks, but you couldn't tell due to the red that was ready there.

The two of them stared at the other for a short second, before the looked away, both of their cheeks now reder than moments before.

They walked in silence for a few more minutes, not needing to say anything and just enjoying the other persons company.

"James, I have a question." Cassie spoke, a confused look on her face, which was replaced with a smile, only for a confused look to appear on her face once again.

James let out a small hum, looking back down at Cassie.

"What is it love?"

"Well, I was going to ask you what do you want for Christmas, but that's not important right now as I have another question."

James let out a soft chuckle, his thumb still running over the back of Cassies hand.

"Well, what's the new question then love?"

"Why is your name spelt with an s, there's only one of you."

James stopped walking, Cassie stopping besides him. His eyes widened.

"Why is Remus' spelt with an s too?" She furrowed her eyebrows together, tilting her head to the side with a small smile.

"Oh my Godric." James muttered, turning so that his whole body was now facing Cassie.

"And Sirius." Cassie added on, she let out a soft laugh.

"Hey, love," James began, poking Cassie in the cheek, causing her to smile a little more.

"Why aren't you plural?" Cassie let out another soft laugh. She shook her head slowly, her hair swaying as she did so. James loved hearing her laugh, it always made him smile as in that moment he knew that she was happy, genuinely happy.