» 104 «

Our little reunion didn't last very long; the reality of things becoming a more pressing and urgent topic of conversation rather quickly.

"So your mum said something about, like, days? That I've been asleep for the past few days?" I asked after a short silence, my eyes scanning the room I was in once more. "How long have I been here? How long since-"

I didn't have to say it out loud. He knew the events I was referencing.

How long since Dumbledore was killed? How long since the old man fell off that tower after his friend used an unforgivable on him?

The thought of the events alone made me gulp; my eyes inevitably landing on Draco. He seemed just as uncomfortable thinking about it. Maybe even more uncomfortable knowing his own involvement in it.

"A week and a half, maybe. Ten days? Something like that," He mumbled, diverting his eyes off of me. He shook his head to rid himself of his own thoughts, squeezing his eyes shut as they tried to infiltrate his mind.

"Merlin, ten days? Your aunt's really got some powerful moves," I sighed, my hand rubbing my temple in hopes it would ease the tension accumulating in my head.

He didn't say anything to do that. Instead, his eyes roamed the room just like mine had earlier in a desperate attempt to find something else he could focus on.

Seeing how little character this room had, it was hard to focus on anything but the books on the large shelf. It was the only thing in here, after all.

"Maybe I should go for a walk. Owl Harry-" My eyes widened as both my brother and Tucker crossed my mind at the same time. "Where's my owl? How's Harry doing?" Both questions popped up in my head simultaneously and left my mouth in a similar manner.

I was surprised Draco understood what I was saying in the first place.

The blonde's brows furrowed, processing my words in his head before he replied.

"How am I supposed to know how Harry Potter is doing? Last time I checked he sliced me open like a piece of meat," He snickered, shaking his head at the memory.

"Last time I checked, you almost used an unforgivable on him," I snapped, the words slipping out of my mouth seemingly before they even crossed my mind.

His lips twitched in irritation, jaw clenching as he shifted uncomfortably in his seat on the bed.

"As for your owl," He continued, taking a deep breath beforehand and therefore, to my relief, ignoring my comment completely. "Tucker found you here before we had the chance to get him ourselves. He's in the owlery in the garden."

A small smile found itself on my lips at how exceptionally smart and loyal that bird was. And I felt myself grow excited at the thought of something else familiar in this foreign environment.

"I'll go and see him, then," I announced. Not asking for permission, but instead, getting up to simply leave the room and find my owl on my own.

Though, his hand reaching for my wrist stopped me in my tracks, and I swirled back around to look at him with furrowed brows. "What?" I inquired, trying to get myself out of his grip, though, to no avail.

He kept a hold of my wrist; his hand wrapping around it tightly. His eyes were piercing into mine, speaking a thousand words without even opening his mouth.

He swallowed thickly, his demeanour asking me not to ask again. But that wasn't going to happen.

"What is it?" I repeated, and his hand let go of my wrist as the words left my mouth. He groaned lowly with the roll of his eyes.

"You can't," He simply said, his eyes darting over to the door.

"I can't?" I repeated, hoping I heard him wrong. "Why can't I?"

He just scoffed at that, not seeming like he was planning on answering that question. "Are you holding me hostage, Draco?" I spat, almost ironically before I watched him flinch at my choice of words.

"Am I your prisoner?" I stressed, eyes narrowing while I waited for him to say yes. I already knew the answer to my question. I just wanted him to say it.

"Do prisoners get their own guest room and silk sheets?" He scoffed, his tongue poking the inside of his cheek in irritation. His eyes landed on me again.

"Okay, well, let me go then," I shrugged, my gaze flickering back and forth between him and the door.

"You know it's not that easy, Y/n," He sighed in defeat, letting himself fall back on the guest bed, head buried in his hands. "You know the answer already. Why do you have to-"

"Because I want you to be straight up with me!" The stern tone in my voice made him peak in between his fingers before fully looking at me again, hands slipping off his face. "Because the only reason I'm here in the first place is because you have a history of not telling me things that concern me, and-"

"Do you think I keep things from you because I enjoy it? I do it because I fucking care for you."

"You have a funny way of showing that; keeping me out of the loop about things that could cost me my life," I huffed, not finding enough energy within me to raise my voice and argue.

"It's not just me and my parents living here anymore. It's people you don't want to cross paths with in the hallways. So, apart from the fact that they're not letting you leave, maybe it's better if you don't. For now." He explained quickly, shaking his head after he spoke. "Better?"

"Much better."

Before he had a chance to say anything, the door opened without warning to reveal his mother.

"Draco, dear, you can come back here later. Let's go downstairs." Her voice was definite, yet a hint of kindness in it that I wouldn't have expected from her.

He nodded in her direction, getting up immediately and straightening the black suit he was wearing wherever he spotted a crease. Before he left the room, he gave me another look.

"I'm not going to tell you what you should or shouldn't do. Frankly, it's energy wasted." His lips twitched into a smile for just a moment. "All I'm asking is to consider all the options before you jump headfirst into chaos."

And with that, he left.

I wonder where to? What was happening downstairs?

A/N: Okay first of all, why is everyone saying Bellatrix cruicoed us?????? when??? lmfao girly just knocked us out

Alos we're obviously not in Draco's room because like how creepy would it be if he slept next to us for like over a week while we were just unconsciuos??? The guest room it is.