» 50 «

Just like last year, I spent most of my summer with Wren. I didn't understand how Harry could manage at the Dursley's; why he kept going back to them in the first place.

When they had gotten wind of the fact I was back in England, they told me to come back just like they had probably told Harry to. The difference was just that their empty threats weren't as scary to me as they were to my brother.

I simply decided I wouldn't step a foot in their house again, what could they do? Force me to stay? Surely that would be child abuse of some sort.

Though, after I heard what had happened maybe, I should've stayed with Harry. Why did these things always happen to him over the summer?

The rest of the summer, while Wren went to see Luna, I was supposed to stay at the Order.

Harry had sent me an owl the day he arrived there, basically begging me to join him. Though, when I arrived, he was nowhere to be seen.

Now I was standing at the address he had given me, my luggage in one hand, Tucker's cage in the other, staring right at a muggle house. I could even see them having their breakfast, but there wasn't a tint of magic in sight.

"Y/n Lily Potter," I heard a voice say from behind me and turned around with furrowed brows at the mention of my full name. Not many people knew it; actually, no one really did apart from Harry and the Dursley's.

But as soon as I spotted the dark, messy hair, and the familiar face, a smile formed on my lips. "Sirius," I said, greeting the man as he closed the remaining distance to stand next to me.

He was smiling as well, his eyes diverting off of me and onto the house I had my attention on just moments ago.

"Shall we?" He asked after a second, taking my luggage and the cage out of my hand. Without waiting for a response, he crossed the street, and about halfway over, I followed suit.

"The Order's headquarters is a muggle house?" I asked, confused, and he shook his head with a laugh.

"Not quite." Just as the words left his mouth, the house in front of us started shifting. It wasn't unusual to see something like that in a world of magic, but it was unexpected nonetheless.

I watched in awe as, out of nowhere, another building appeared in-between the two in front of us. "I respect that," I mumbled jokingly before realising he was already a few steps ahead of me. I hurried after him and caught up just as he reached the door.

"Harry is having his hearing as we speak. If everything goes well, he should be back by the end of day," He informed, and I nodded at the information. But my attention was quickly on the corridor in front of us.

It was narrow. Old-looking, and only dimly lit once the door closed behind us. But it had something to it that drew me in straight away-a certain charm.

The long corridor led straight into, presumably, the kitchen. Laughter and chattering were coming from it, and I furrowed my brows slightly. Was Harry so rushed he forgot to mention there were other people here apart from him and Sirius?

"Y/n!" My thoughts were interrupted by Hermione's bushy hair tickling my nose as she threw her arms around me for a hug. I stumbled a few steps back, but caught myself and hugged her just as tightly.

Ron peaked around the corner of the room into the hallway we were all crammed into; Sirius still behind me and now that Fred and George joined us as well, it was becoming rather full.

I let go of Hermione and gave Sirius a chance to pass us, which he gladly took. "Merlin, Harry could've at least mentioned you guys were here," I laughed, and Hermione rolled her eyes.

"He didn't? He must've been in such a rush... the first thing he did when he got here was write that letter to you. And then what happened with the Dementor's, and the hearing..." Hermione began rambling, and a light chuckle escaped my lips.

"It's okay. I don't mind surprises. As long as they're as pleasant as this one." I nudged the girl gently, and she sighed, the bright smile back on her face.

Ron was awkwardly standing there, giving me a subtle smile and a nod as a welcome. It was appropriate seeing as we hadn't parted on the best of terms last year, so I just returned the gesture.

My eyes moved over to the twins, trying to find some kind of difference between them in order to tell them apart. I was unsuccessful, obviously. In my eyes, they were completely identical.

I've never really spoken to them at all, actually, so I wasn't surprised I couldn't tell them apart.

I went to introduce myself, seeing as it was the polite thing to do but was interrupted before I even said the first letter.

"No need," One of them blurted out. "Y/n Potter, of course," The other one said, and I grinned at how they finished each other's sentences. "The girl that turned Draco Malfoy into a softy," They both said at the same time, one giving me a wink, the other wiggling his eyebrows.

I scoffed sarcastically. "Softy? That's not what I remember." The words left my mouth rather carelessly, not really understanding what they said for a moment. "Wait, who told you? Ron did, didn't he? I'm gonna-" I began, getting annoyed at the ginger already. Would we ever get along for longer than five minutes?

Ron and Hermione had already made their way back to the table, finishing the breakfast I had interrupted with my arrival, so I couldn't immediately scold him.

They laughed, shaking their head as if something went straight over mine. Did I miss the joke?

"Nobody had to tell us anything, love," Fred, or George, cheered, as if getting satisfaction out of the confusion they were causing. I raised my brows, waiting for them to go on. "Just observed," - "It's very hard to miss."

"Is that so?" I grumbled, embarrassed it was that easy for them to figure out. They just patted me on the shoulder, one twin's hand on either side of me, before shoving me into the kitchen with a laugh.

"Oh, dear, we've been waiting for you!" The woman pulled me into a quick hug, despite never having actually met me before. I smiled a little at her gesture. It was sweet.

She had short, orange hair; I was a little taller than her. Judging by her looks, she was their mum.

I continued to greet the people present, including the Weasley's. And it turned out, the rest of them weren't nearly as insufferable as Ron was last year.

But, to new beginnings. Right?