» 47 «

Distant screams and grunting were what woke me up. Disoriented, my head snapped back and forth, trying to identify the area I was in, but I couldn't recognise a single thing around me.

It was dark, and foggy to the point it was hard to see anything, at all.

The screams were getting louder, and my eyes widened when they became the only thing I did recognise. "Harry?" I yelled, getting off the floor in a heartbeat while trying to figure out where he could be.

I felt weak, stumbling over my own feet a few times before being able to stand up straight, to begin with. "You're going to make the Dark Lord much happier if you do exactly what I tell you to," A voice from behind me whispered, and I could feel the tip of a wand against the back of my head.

I stopped dead in my tracks, knowing any sudden move could very well be my last one. Before I could turn around, I was pushed forward slowly, the wand still against my head.

Where was I?

I kept walking, being lead onto a much wider space, I scanned it quickly; my eyes immediately falling on my brother. "Harry!" I jolted forward, the sight of my brother making me forget about the man behind me for a split second.

Harry's head shot in my direction, and the look on his face almost broke me. A wave of confusion washed over him before a mixture of shock, pain and fear took over.

I was so focused on him, I barely even noticed all the other things going on around me. Starting with the circle of people dressed in black cloaks. That would've been a great thing to notice before I brought their attention to me by screaming.

"Ah, our special guest. Do you like the surprise, Harry Potter? We brought her here just for you." My whole body froze as soon as my eyes landed on him. I didn't even need a second to recognise who he was.

And then, everything clicked. Like the puzzle pieces magically fell into place all by themselves and I gasped. Panic spread all over my face, and I looked back and forth between Harry and Voldemort. It just made him smirk.

"The boy who lived," He exclaimed, and then his eyes fell back on me. "And the girl.. nobody even knows." I scrunched up my nose at his amused expression, but neither of us said anything.

Then he began talking. About all the things I didn't want to hear about.

I tried to drown out the noise, not wanting to hear my mother's name coming out of his mouth. It's been 13 years, but it was always the one thing that got me to break.

And I couldn't break. Not here. Not now.

"But no matter, no matter. Things have changed." I watched as Voldemort suddenly leapt towards Harry, and I held my breath, scared of what was going to happen next. "I can touch you now."

He slowly moved his hand towards my brother, his finger almost touching his forehead as everyone watched them.

"Stop!" I screamed as soon as I saw the pain in Harry's face. He groaned loudly at his touch, and it was like I could almost feel it myself. "Stop it!" I repeated, and he finally let go of him.

A sigh of relieve escaped my lips when I saw Harry's face relax. "Let's have some fun before I kill you, Potter," He hissed while turning around.

Next thing I knew his arm was around my throat and his wand against my temple. Harry's breath hitched, making Voldemort laugh. "You care deeply about her, don't you?" He asked, tracing the outline of my face with the wand.

"Don't you touch her!" Harry yelled, trying to free himself from the statue that held him in a similar grip I was in; to no avail.

He snickered. "You never learn, do you, Harry Potter?" As the words left his mouth, he pushed me away from him, hard enough for me to stumble and hit the floor. "You don't tell me what to do."

What I felt next was like nothing I had ever experienced before. I was squirming across the floor, trying to get away or find some kind of relief from the pain I felt in my bones. In my bones, my skin, my flesh.

It felt like every single part of my body, inside and out, was on fire. Like a thousand knives were boring into me. Like my skull was about to split in half; all at once.

All I could do was focus on the pain, making it worse and worse. Soon enough, not even Harry's desperate screams could penetrate my consciousness.

Surely, this was nothing I could bare for much longer. But it didn't seem to end. And I wanted it to... I wanted it to end so bad. For me to black out; to die, even.

And then, the pain stopped. My body went numb, and I couldn't get myself to move a single part of it. Too exhausted from what had just happened.

Slowly I was able to concentrate on what was happening around me again, and I didn't like it one bit. "Don't you turn your back on me, Harry Potter!"

It took me a while to realise Harry wasn't being held by the statue anymore, instead running behind one of the many tombstones for cover. "I want you to look at me when I kill you! I want to see the light leave your eyes!"

I trembled at the words, a tear rolling down my cheek. He couldn't die here. Not like this.

I managed to crawl to the side, trying to seek cover just like Harry did. But instead, I stumbled over something I rather wouldn't have.

Cedric Diggory's lifeless body, his empty eyes staring directly at me. I sobbed, the tears blurring my vision completely now. This couldn't actually be happening. I was just dreaming, just a nightmare that was way too vivid.

I tried to pull myself together, shaking my head to rid myself of my own thoughts. I took a deep breath before I gently placed my hand on his face, closing his eyes.

"Alright, have it your way, then." Harry's voice made me divert my attention off of the body, and once I turned around, I was faced with my brother duelling Voldemort.

I couldn't make this up if I wanted to. He was completely insane, but I admired him for his strength and bravery.

A dome-like shape appeared around them; everything was happening so fast, it was hard for me to keep up with anything. My vision was still blurry; my body still weak. I felt so useless, watching while my brother was fighting the man who killed our parents.

A bright flash of blue light was seen before I felt Harry next to me. He was panting, grabbing Cedric and me before swinging his wand. "Accio!" He yelled, and a cup flew our way.

And just like that, the next time I opened my eyes we were back at Hogwarts. I could hear cheers, clapping, even the band was playing their cheery song.

Why on earth were they cheering? Couldn't they see what was going on?

Harry had a tight grip around me while he was hovering over Cedric's body. He was crying, sobbing even, and it brought tears to my own eyes again.

I didn't know Cedric very well, barely even spoke two words to him, but nobody deserved to die like that.

Then, slowly, I could hear how they realised what was going on. The cheers quickly faded, screams were heard from the crowd, and finally, the band stopped playing.

By now, Dumbledore was by our side. I looked at him, letting him know I was alive, and he nodded, before trying to get Harry away from the body. But he wasn't budging.

"For god's sake Dumbledore, what's happened?" I heard a frantic voice ask in shock, and before he could say anything, Harry did it for him.

"He's back!" He yelled, his voice full of pain. "Voldemort is back!" His voice became softer. "Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. And Y/n... I couldn't leave them; not there."

He began crying again, his grip around me becoming tighter.

"It's alright, Harry. It's alright. They're home. All three of you are," Dumbledore tried to calm him down, but his words only made him cry harder; sob louder.

As for myself; I didn't like this at all. Every single pair of eyes on us, all the talking, whispering, Harry's crying; it made my head spin. I still felt too weak to move on my own. The easiest thing was to just close my eyes. So I did.

And to my relief, just like that, the noise stopped completely, and it was finally quiet. Quiet and dark.

The last thing I heard was a panicked voice asking if I was alright before I relaxed completely.