» 95 «

I woke up from a dreamless sleep as I registered movement behind me.

The arm that was previously wrapped around my waist rather tightly, loosened before the warm body behind me disappeared.

I quickly rid myself off the disappointment coming up within me as a cold gust of air crawled underneath the blanket, replacing Draco's warm body against my skin.

I hugged myself tighter, my previously closed eyes opening to see what he was doing. The blonde was tip-toeing towards the door, obviously trying to make as little noise as he could. Though, registering my movement, he turned around alarmed.

It was more of a reflex to quickly squeeze my eyes shut and pretend to be sound asleep.

His reaction made me wonder why on earth he was sneaking around his own room in the early hours of the morning.

He wasn't going to sneak out of his own room, was he?

But before I had the time to answer my own rhetorical question with a strong obviously not, because, where would he even be going, I heard the sound of the creaking door, and I opened my eyes with a slight frown.

It took me a moment to recognise the muffled voice on the other side of the door, though once I realised who it belonged to, my eyes widened.

What the hell was Wren already doing back here?

I took a deep breath, knowing that if she'd see me here, like this, I wouldn't hear the end of it.

"Have you seen Y/n-" She asked, her voice carrying a hint of panic in her voice after obviously not finding me in our dorm.

"Merlin, she's asleep!" I heard Draco say, his voice irritated as he tried to get Wren to lower her voice. Though, when she realised that meant I was here, it resulted in quite the opposite.

Her loud squeal was muffled by Draco telling her to shut the fuck up once more, and his harsh words seemed to do the trick.

My lips formed a deep smile as I followed their conversation. Every interaction they had always had me smiling from ear to ear for absolutely no reason.

The blonde disappeared behind the door for a few minutes; I could register their muffled voices, Wren's humoured giggles and Draco's annoyed rambling, but what exactly they were talking about, I couldn't understand.

I shut my eyes once more when the door opened again and heard the door fall into its hinges. Now that I was wide awake, it was hard for me to bite back the grin that was threatening to show as he came to a halt right in front of me.

"You're not asleep at all, are you?" He then asked knowingly, amusement lacing his voice as I imagined he had an eyebrow quirked.

I kept my eyes closed, though let the grin spread across my face in defeat.

"How did you know?" I opened my eyes slowly, Draco the first thing they locked onto.

Like I imagined, he had an eyebrow quirked as he looked at me, the corners of his lips curled up into a smirk.

"I've told you before. You're a terrible liar. And I guess pretending to be asleep falls under that category," He said, still humoured by the situation.

His eyes were locked with mine before his gaze fell onto the bed. "Move over," He mumbled, already pushing me to the other side of his bed before he even finished his sentence.

He crawled back under his blanket, though his body had cooled down by now; his fingers as cold as the metal of his rings as they grazed my thighs.