» 15 «

It was no secret most of the students were looking forward to our defence against the dark arts classes more than anything else. Professor Lupin was amazing.

Never in my Durmstrang-life could I have imagined to fight off a Boggart. And that in our first lesson.

It really only went uphill from there; every lesson more interesting than the last.

Of course, Malfoy and his goons were the only ones unsatisfied with the class, but nobody really expected anything else. They lost bad words about Lupin every chance they got. I wasn't quite sure why, but I didn't really care either.

"And that's it for today." A few people rushed out of the room as quick as they could, ready for lunch or just in a hurry to get away. Malfoy obviously one of them.

Only a day had passed since mine and Harry's argument and I didn't waste a single second even looking at him.

I knew at the end of the day we were going to be alright, but it was going to take a lot of work from my brother to get me to accept his apology. If he was even going to apologise in the first place.

It's going to take him a while to get there, I knew that. Especially after I was done executing my plan. I smirked at the memory of it and couldn't wait to see his face.

Wren and I were one of the first Slytherins to take a seat at the table during lunch. She was still going on about Lupin, almost worshipping the man.

If I didn't know better I'd think she had a crush on him.

"God, Inkwood, if I hear one more word about that pathetic excuse of a teacher from you-" Malfoy warned with a threatening look as he sat down next to us.

She just rolled her eyes in response and practically shoved her middle finger into his face. I laughed at the sight and they both scoffed.

"I'm sorry," I silently mouthed towards Wren when we were both in the middle of our second portion. I knew she didn't like sitting with Malfoy and I appreciated the sacrifice.

All she did was shake her head in disbelieve and give me sarcastic smile, knowing she didn't really have a choice. I sighed.

A quick glance towards the Gryffindor table gave me the confirmation that I needed, knowing her sacrifice was worth it.

Harry sat there in disbelieve, looking back and forth between me, Malfoy and then Ron, who was frantically talking to him. Or at least trying. I doubt Harry was listening to anything the ginger was telling him.

I leaned over to Malfoy, who up until now was having a conversation with Crabbe and Goyle opposite of him. "It's working," I whispered, my mouth inches from his ear.

I could feel him tensing up next to me, goosebumps covering his neck but just wrote it off to the sensation of my warm breath touching his cold skin.

He side eyed my brother to check whether what I was saying was true. A smirk grew on the blonde's face when he caught Harry glaring at him from across the hall. "This might just be the greatest idea you will ever have, Potter." He turned to face me, his grey eyes meeting my (y/e/c) ones. "But don't even think about coming that close to me ever again."

His voice was threatening but his facial expression was completely calm and relaxed. I rolled my eyes but nodded, "You got it."

I turned back to Wren who looked like she was about to throw her lunch back up. But the mention of Lupins name made her look just fine again.

And if she had to suffer through Malfoy, I could sacrifice a little bit of my own time for her to talk about his class.

We didn't have anymore lessons for the day so I decided to seek out Hermione. I didn't see her at lunch and was growing worried that her and the rest of the trio had fallen out because of what she did.

After all, Hermione was the only reason I even knew about Sirius Black to begin with.

It didn't take a genius to figure out I would find her in the library and a smile grew on my face when I walked in and saw her sitting at one of the tables. At least a dozen open books were scattered around her.

I sat down on the chair opposite of hers, hoping that would be enough to catch her attention but she didn't seem to have noticed me at all. "Hey!" I whispered, hoping Pince wouldn't hear me.

Her head shot up, clearly startled by my sudden appearance. But once she recognised me, her features softened and she relaxed. "Y/n," She replied, just as quiet.

"I know this isn't the best place to be having a conversation, but I just wanted to check and see if you're alright," I began, not sure of what I should even say. "It's just, I didn't see you at lunch today and was worried you fell out with Harry and Ron because of me-" She waved me off.

"Please, even if I wanted to spend time with them, I can't," she gestured towards the books in front of her and the look of worry on my face turned into a small smile. "Besides, I have other friends," She mumbled so that I could barely hear it.

She was lost in her thoughts for a second before snapping back. "Don't worry," She smiled. "I am going to Hagrid's with them this evening. I don't think Harry is mad at me, he knows what he did was wrong."

I nodded. She was probably right.

It was obvious Harry felt more than just guilty for not having told me. But he could hardly go back in time and undo it, so we would both just have to live with the consequences for now.