» 146 «

Until now, the windows in the room looking out into the manor's front yard never interested me much. Not after I realised they were hexed shut and not my way out.

I tried to pay as little attention to them as possible, seeing as every look out of them reminded me of the circumstances I found myself in.

That, and the fact nothing was ever seen in the yard, anyway. Death Eaters usually apparated in and out of the manor, and the path leading up the large gate probably hasn't been used in decades.

Not until today, that was.

Like most days, it was a grey and rainy outside; dark enough for me to not even notice the eight figures walking up to the manor right away.

Though, once I did, it was like I was glued to the window, hoping to make out who they were.

Nothing ever happened while I was locked up in here, so this was a nice change of routine that was definitely needed.

I watched the group walk further up the gate, standing still in front of it until I noticed no other than Bellatrix LeStrange opening it for them. My eyes squinted together tightly in hopes I'd be able to recognise a face or two, though I couldn't do anything of the sort.

Not until they came closer and closer.

The first thing I noticed was that half of them definitely weren't here for their own pleasure. They'd been grabbed by their jackets or arms as they were dragged along up to the entrance.

The second thing I noticed was that fiery red hair.

I gasped, eyes dragging over to the other three, cursing out loud once I recognised them.

I didn't have to see their faces to know I was looking right at Ron, Hermione, Wren and Harry before the eight of them disappeared into the house.

My eyes were wide as my breathing picked up, trying to wrap my head around the millions of possibilities in which this could end absolutely terribly.

I was pacing around the room restlessly; more desperate than ever to get out of it as a gentle knock on the door had me halt in my movements cautiously.

Not a second later, the door pushed open seemingly all on its own before my gaze lowered landing right on the small figure of a house-elf; Larbey.

"My apologies, Miss. Larbey did not mean to barge in here and disturb your peace," She uttered immediately, eyes glued to the floor as she bowed her head down slightly. "But you must come with Larbey at once, Miss. Oh, you must!" She shuddered as the words left her mouth.

Simultaneously, she quickly walked towards me, grabbing my hand and dragging me along with her out of the room.

Everything was happening so fast I didn't manage to say a single word in response. And before I could, she apparated us.

For a moment, I wasn't quite sure where we landed. But the walls, floors, and ceilings were still the same; letting me know we were just in a different part of the house. Our surroundings were louder now, and out of reflex, I grabbed Larbey's small hand a little tighter.

We exchanged a quick look, and unfortunately, she looked just as terrified as I was. She nodded down the stairs before her eyes widened as if she had just remembered the most important detail of the whole thing.

"Stupid Larbey, stupid Larbey, stupid Larbey," She muttered quietly hitting her own head before disappearing at once, leaving me standing between to options; down to the Dungeons, or up to where the noise was coming from.