» 148 «

Dark, wooden floors, walls, and ceiling. The windows were cut lower than in the room I was occupying; almost reaching the floor but not quite there yet.

Scattered on the low window sill, I noticed a cauldron, a handful of full and empty vials; the full ones standing up straight, being held by nothing but the air around them, and the empty ones carelessly laying around.

Further to the right, a small, wooden ingredient cupboard, some drawers wide open and others shut and locked. On top of it rested various quite ancient looking scrolls, as well as a potions book that definitely wasn't in our syllabus.

There was a landscape drawing hanging just a few inches to the left of the window, underneath a single chair on which a pile of books were resting on.

Eyes wandering further into the left corner, they fell on the probably most noticeable feature of the whole room - Apart from the large, king-sized bed standing, headrest against the wall, in the centre of it.

The black grand piano in front of the room's second window; standing there in all its glory, carefully maintained with not a speck of dust on the dark surface.

The leather stool in front of it was placed thoughtfully to make sure that when you weren't looking at the ivory keys, you had a spectacular view into the back yard of the manor.

Surprisingly, right next to the piano, stood against the wall, was a harp just as black as the rest of the room seemed. The pins were a polished gold, while the soundboard was a royal, dark green. It looked less well maintained than the piano, yet still taken great care of.

Next to it, in the centre of the wall opposite the bed, was a relatively large fireplace, the orange light of it casting the dark room into an orange hue.

To the right side of the entrance door was a wooden bookshelf spread across the entirety of the rest of the wall. It was an odd contrast between the brown of the shelf and the otherwise black wood of the walls and floors. But somehow, it worked.

It gave it this certain charm; imperfections in an otherwise perfect room.

The door towards what I presumed to be the bathroom was placed on the right wall next to the king-sized bed I was currently laying on.

"We won't have long before they notice you're not in your own room," Draco mentioned absentmindedly, and for a moment I just enjoyed the way I felt his chest rising and falling with my arm draped over it. I sighed.

"They know now, don't they? About us?"

He quickly shook his head, turning it to his left and diverting his attention from the ceiling onto me. I did the same, and we looked at each other with nothing but a few inches between us.

"Don't you worry about that," He mumbled, grabbing my hand that was still resting on his chest. "I'll figure it out, yeah?"

"But—"

"—You trust me, don't you?" He asked, and I nodded in defeat. I wouldn't be here anymore if I didn't. "See, there you go." He forced a smile on his lips that I was sure was supposed to reassure me.

I wasn't quite sure if it did.

He turned his head back to look up at the ceiling, taking his hand out of mine to reach for something on his nightstand. "What do you think of it?" He asked curiously, holding the wand up for me to see what it looked like in his hand.

"Your mother's wand?" I wondered, even though I already knew it was. He nodded.

"It's powerful but—" He began, raising my hand with his other one before making me hold the wand myself. I twisted and turned it around, feeling the weight of it and eyeing it carefully.

It was black with elegant silver coloured features, metal at the base, and dull spikes evenly scattering around its handle. It was beautiful, but—

"—but it's not quite the same, is it?" I asked, handing it back to him as he nodded. "Using someone else's wand just.. feels odd."

"Not the same... Exactly," He repeated before a humoured huff escaped his lips. "Thanks to your brother I'll be stuck with it for a while now," He muttered, and I knew he had a scowl on his face before I even looked at him.

"I'll get it back for you as soon as I can, I promise," I nudged his shoulder with my own, and his attention fell back onto me. "But he did need it. After all, being on the run without a wand increases your chances of dying tremendously." I hoped the hint of amusement in my voice would make this a more pleasant conversation to have.

He snickered, though a smirk found its way to his lips.

"My thoughts exactly," He mumbled lowly, side eying me with an amused gleam in his eyes.

"Hey!" I gasped, hitting his chest playfully. The motion forced a singular laugh out of his mouth and made me smile, too. Of course, I knew he was only joking.

There might have been a time he wouldn't mind my brother dying, but that time was most definitely over. "You don't have to play all tough, you know," I began, and he quirked an eyebrow at the words. "I know you didn't attack him when you had the chance. Merlin knows you would've probably won..." I trailed off, the amusement slipping off my face and being replaced with an honest, grateful smile.

He rolled his eyes. "I would, wouldn't I?" He questioned, nodding to himself as his smirk deepened.

I snickered at his words, though nodded in agreement.

"Thank you, Draco. You really helped him out there, even if he doesn't know it."

He laughed lowly before pushing the few loose strands of hair out of his face with a huff. "Whatever."

✧·゚: *✧·゚:*✧

I had to admit; I was surprised Draco seemed to truly have figured it out; because neither was I tortured nor killed.

And when I saw him distractedly walk past the compartment I was sat in, I knew he wasn't, either.

I even had my wand back, and the attitude I was presented with by the Death Eaters on the train made me wonder whether they even knew about what had transpired in the manor that day.

Seeing Wren that day made me miss her even more now; my train ride to Hogwarts quieter than ever before. Though, I was glad I got to see her, at all. Even if it was only briefly.

I knew now that she was reunited with Luna; she would be better. And really, that was all that mattered.

Maybe she even stayed with Harry and the rest.

I caught myself wondering what it would be like if I had left with them. Was I missing out on much?

A sigh escaped my lips, realising how much I missed just spending time with my brother and my best friend. It's been so long since things had been normal.

If I really thought about it, I wasn't quite sure if they've ever been.

But I didn't regret staying.

I knew Draco couldn't come with us, and I knew I didn't want to leave him behind.

Merlin knows he'd be blamed for the whole thing and I didn't want to imagine what Voldemort would do with him then. 

A/N: Heyyy, in case you haven't noticed- We're back in the main book yay

I've unpublished all mature chapters, so they're missing ON PURPOSE. (That would be: Chapter 76, 91, 100 and 121.) But over the next few days, I'll be re-uploading them on ao3 (Website) as well as InKitt (App). My username on both platforms is seselina! 

I've also decided to break canon a little and have all characters be the age of 16 from year 3 all the way up to year 6. So just pretend they don't age in their first three years lmfao (good thing I never made birthdays a big thing) 

This is purely to make sure all my characters are the legal age of consent. :) (Even though they don't have sex until they were 16, anyway.) 

All that should keep this story safe and it should be 100% fine to have it back up in its original form. :)

Hope you enjoyed Draco Malfoy's room tour lol