» 31 «

I barely got any food down at dinner that night, too busy worrying about my brother while simultaneously figuring out what in the world he was thinking. He's never been the brightest, but this would top it all.

"Weasley," Wren said surprised, and I snapped out of my thoughts to be met with Ron walking next to us. He didn't even look at me, his full attention on my best friend. "Can I talk to you for a second, Wren?"

I furrowed my brows at his request. They never had so much as exchanged courtesy smiles with each other while we were hanging out, never mind speaking more than a few sentences in the last year.

She turned towards me, her face just as confused as mine before following him down a different hallway with a shrug. "I'll catch up with you, Y/n," She said before they disappeared around a corner.

I continued towards the dungeons with a sigh, not in the mood for something else my brain had to figure out.

"That's an odd pairing," A familiar voice said, a hint of confusion in their tone. "Yet, strangely fitting," Malfoy's eyes were still focused on the hallway they had walked through.

"I-"

"-Actually, I don't really care," He then clarified, shaking his head before diverting his attention off the corridor and onto me.

I rolled my eyes at him and picked up my pace. I definitely had more important things on my mind right now, and I simply wanted to calm down in the confinement of my dormitory, a hot cup of tea in one hand and a good book in the other-Malfoy nowhere in sight.

Unfortunately, the boy had no problems keeping up with me. "What I do care about, though," He continued, his voice trailing off. "How did he do it?"

I groaned, growing more and more frustrated by his presence. "The only thing I know is that if I knew, you would be the last person I'd talk to about it," I snapped before mumbling the password to the common room.

"So I still made the list?" He said with a smirk, entering the room after me.

"I'm really not in the mood for this, Malfoy," I huffed at his remark, still heading towards my dorm as if he wasn't even there.

"Aw," He pouted just as we arrived in front of the doors leading to the dormitories. "You seemed to be in the mood earlier, what happened?" His voice was cocky, and one of his eyebrows raised suggestively as he stepped closer to me.

"Oh, I don't know," I said sarcastically, finally losing my temper. "Just my brother entering himself into a tournament that could potentially cost him his life!"

Without waiting for a reply, I entered my room and slammed the door shut behind me. Once in my bed, I took a deep breath, ignoring the other girl's eyes on me.

This time it wasn't just Parkinson staring at me, but the other two, as well. I couldn't blame them and didn't even want to know what it would be like to be in Harry's shoes right now.

Just as I closed my eyes to calm down a little, I heard the door open and close again, and my eyes fell on Wren.

I smiled, finally having someone I could actually talk to about what happened. Just that she didn't seem quite as happy to see me.

"Get out!" She hissed, facing the three girls and two of them obeyed without further questioning. Her gaze lingered on Parkinson, and neither of them moved for a second, before the raven-haired girl gave in, leaving the room with her head lowered.

All I did was stare at Wren, too intimidated by her to even move. I gulped as her eyes landed on me, not quite sure what to expect.

"Do you like him?" She spat, her expression completely cold, and I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Who? Ron? Not much at the moment, actually. He was rather-"I began nervously, but she quickly interrupted me.

"Don't play dumb. I'm talking about Malfoy."

My eyes widened, and I broke the eye contact we held, trying to find anything else I could focus on instead of her. "What?" I asked, trying to sound as confident as I could.

Obviously, that didn't quite work out.

"Did I stutter? Do. You. Like. Draco. Malfoy." She repeated, emphasising each word.

I frantically shook my head, finally sitting up straight and looking at her again. "Of course not, where did you pick that up?"

"Weasley told me he saw you two, and I almost didn't believe him. But then you two did seem way too comfortable with how close you were to each other just now." Her voice was awfully calm now, and she nodded towards the door, where he and I had an argument just five minutes ago.

"I don't like him, that's insane!" I repeated my answer once more, my voice getting louder.

"Really? What is it then? Casual hookups, you just started dating or are you going to lie to me again and say it's nothing?" She asked sarcastically, but I could hear the hurt in her voice.

"It is nothing," I sighed. "We kissed a few times, but that's it. Nothing more." She cringed as the words left my mouth, probably hoping to hear something else entirely.

"When?"

"Well, it happened the first time last year.. at that detention. But never again after that week!" I quickly explained, starting to feel bad for never having told her about any of it. She was my best friend, after all.

"Last year?!" Was all she replied and I sighed.

"It's not like I planned it. I didn't want it to happen again."

"Then why did it?" I didn't say anything to that. Mostly because I didn't know what to say. I honestly had no clue myself. "I really thought we were friends." She sounded hurt rather than angry, but I couldn't take any of it anymore.

The pressure from all angles just getting way too much, pushing me to say things I didn't mean. Say things I knew I would regret soon after.

"Well, right now you're acting like my girlfriend more than anything else!"

A/N: Going live in two hours, see you on my tiktok Seselina_!! - Be there or be square!