» 14 «

I stayed like that for a while after Harry left. I didn't have a place to be or even a place to go to, for that matter.

I thought I would've calmed down by now, that my anger would subside but instead, I found myself plotting how to get back at Harry. How to get revenge, if you will.

I'd like to say I was never one for revenge, but that would be a stone-cold lie. I lived by 'An eye for an eye' ever since I was a little girl. Which is why Harry fell victim to the Dursley's hatred more than I did. He was always too much of a wuss to stand up for himself.

The fact he spoke back to me like that in the first place was unusual for me to see. Hogwarts really did change him a lot. I felt proud for a moment but immediately shook my head and stopped myself from going off-topic.

Public humiliation wasn't an option. Apart from the fact I didn't want to go that far, I wanted it to be personal. 'Hiding the only family we had left'-kind of personal.

I thought for a while, a few options coming to mind but none of them really satisfying me enough. I grew frustrated after a few hours. It never usually took me this long to figure something out.

My train of thought was interrupted by a silhouette blocking the sun that was sharing its warmth with me just moments ago. I looked towards the person, knowing there wasn't a single being I wanted to talk to right now.

"You're really the last person I want to see, Malfoy," I said after I made out the platinum blonde hair. He was hovering above me, his signature smirk on his face.

Just as the words left my mouth, the realisation hit me like lightning and I quickly sat up, my eyes wide open.

Maybe he wasn't the last person I wanted to see. Maybe he was exactly the person I should see right now. Maybe he was sent to me by the universe hinting towards the perfect revenge plan.

A smile grew on my face as I figured out the details in my head and I looked at Malfoy. "Why don't you have a seat."

"Just for the record, I came here to tell you to go and be miserable somewhere else. This is the only place I can come to where Parkinson won't find me, these spots are rare." He explained as he sat down, "Don't want you ruining that for me."

I rolled my eyes, "What changed your mind?" I asked, a smirk on my face.

"Now I'm too interested in what's going on in that little pea-brain of yours," He said sarcastically and I smiled in anticipation of what I was about to propose.

"You'll love it," He furrowed his brows in confusion, not quite sure what to expect. Instead of saying anything else his grey eyes just looked at me, a hint of interest in them.

"I know you hate my brother," I began and he immediately nodded, answering my rhetorical question. "Well, let me propose the perfect thing to show him just how much you really do."

✧·゚: *✧·゚:*✧

Now that Malfoy and I had plotted the perfect plan, I felt eager to right the rest of the wrongs. More specifically the one including Wren Inkwood.

After checking the great hall for her unsuccessfully, I went to look for her in the common room, in hopes of finding her there.

I huffed when I scanned the leather couches and chairs but didn't see her anywhere. To my surprise, when I opened the door to our dorm, ready to give up and spend the rest of my day in here, I spotted her sitting on her bed, reading the same book she read the night before.

"Since when do you read this much?" I said, catching her attention and she quickly closed the book with a thump.

"Y/n!" She exclaimed, almost surprised to see me. "About yesterday, I'm really sorry. I don't know what my problem was either, I-" She started rambling, the guilt in her eyes more apparent than ever.

"Already forgotten about." I waved her off and a relieved smile formed on her face. "We all have bad days sometimes," I said with a smile and she gave me a big hug.

"I didn't take you for a hugger," I laughed and she just shook her head. "Me neither."

"Now," She began once we've gotten a few inches between each other again and I raised an eyebrow, waiting for her to go on. "What in Merlin's beard happened with you and Harry?"

I sighed, not sure whether I should tell her the truth or just make something up. "Oh, don't get me wrong. The way you delivered that line, the snake one, I loved it!" She laughed when she realised I was hesitant. "I just thought, for you to become that Slytherin, he must've done something pretty awful."

I nodded and began telling her what happened. I started with Malfoy, assuring her the reason I was late last night was that we were working on my essay. Then went on to tell her about Hermione and what she told me Harry was hiding.

I left out the part about Sirius Black, probably for the better. Not even I could handle that right now, so better not to burden anyone else with it.

I quickly went over the argument him and I had by the forbidden forest, her eyes widening at his last words to me.

"Bloody hell, maybe he belongs here with us." She said.

"But do not worry, I have the perfect plan to get him back for that." I nodded confidently. "And while the means of achieving it might not be ideal, the outcome will be worth it all."

She raised her eyebrows, interested in what I had to say.

And while I could imagine by her reaction last night she wouldn't like it one bit, I knew she would understand.

A/N: I don't usually do these but just checking in if you guys are enjoying the story so far? Constructive criticism, ideas and anything else is very much appreciated! Thank you!

- Selina