» 71 «

"Well, if it isn't Wren Inkwood sitting at her own table for dinner! To what do I owe the pleasure?" I let myself fall onto the seat next to her, watching her annoyed expression with an amused smirk on my lips.

"Very funny," She mocked, grimacing once, and taking a bite of her food before focusing back on the newspaper in her hands.

I greeted Draco with a nod, the blonde sitting a few seats down on the opposite of our usual spots. He mirrored my action and then turned back to Blaise and the rest of his friends.

"Since when do you read the newspaper?" I asked curiously, my eyes roaming the various foods on the table before sneaking a peek at the paper.

Mass breakout from Azkaban. My eyes widened as I read the headline, skimming the words quickly to filter out as much information as I could.

Wasn't the point of Azkaban that you weren't supposed to be able to break out?

"They're blaming Sirius," Wren mumbled, finally looking up and placing the newspaper on the empty seat next to her. "Can you believe that?"

I snorted humorously, shaking my head at their audacity. "I can," I huffed annoyed. "If I was in charge of a high-security prison, with dangerous, truly dangerous, dark witches and wizard in it; And I was incapable of keeping those exact witches and wizards inside of the prison... I'd be looking for a fall-man, too."

"And Bellatrix Lestrange, of all people," Wren sighed, letting her head fall onto the table next to her half-empty plate. "His, arguably, most loyal follower."

"I still don't understand how the Minister is acting like Voldemort doesn't even exist. Like, hello, I'm literally living proof. So is Harry. And, well, Cedric isn't living proof, exactly, but he's still-" I cut myself off, shaking my head quickly. "You know what I mean."

Wren nodded, the best way she could with her head still on top of the wooden table, and I sighed.

It was frustrating; Seeing him cease power and control again while nobody is stopping him. Instead, a bunch of 15-year-old witches and wizards are building an Army to protect themselves and the rest of the wizarding world if it ever came to it. But Merlin forbid the adults would do something about it.

My eyes scanned the table again, trying to find something else to focus on. Inevitably, they landed on Draco who looked like he was listening to our conversation rather intensely.

I furrowed my brows but ignored it afterwards. He had always been curious, listening in on other people's conversations. It was hardly news.

"So, this Bellatrix-" I began, but was cut off by a series of noises coming from my left. When I turned back in Draco's direction, he was already half-way up. The plate he had almost knocked off the table with his movements was still shaking slightly and must've been the noise that startled me.

I watched him scramble off his seat and leave the table, and then the Hall, at once. "What's wrong with him?" I asked Wren, my eyes still on the doors he had just disappeared through.

Blaise looked just as confused as I was, while Wren had her brows raised as if his behaviour was the most normal thing in the world.

I looked at her, waiting for the explanation she clearly had.

"She's his aunt," She explained nonchalantly with a shrug of her shoulders. "Narcissa Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange are sisters."

"They're- She is-" I tried to say, my mind trying to wrap around the fact. Was it just a coincidence Draco's mother had come up twice in just a month's time now?