» 59 «

"Do all these rules actually make her feel like she's in control at Hogwarts? All it's doing is making students more creative when it comes to breaking them," I scoffed, looking up at the wall of the Great Hall before entering it.

"She crossed the line with Dumbledore when she tried to ban Trelawney last week." Wren shook her head while she spoke. "All this is just getting to her head, as if it wasn't too big already."

An amused snicker escaped my lips, and just like she had, I shook my head in disbelieve as we approached our table.

"Actually," Wren said, stopping in her tracks and scanning the tables until her eyes fell on Luna. She gave me an apologetic smile before looking back at her. "Do you mind?" She nodded in the direction of the Ravenclaw table, and I sighed.

"Go on then," I said, holding her by her shoulder before she could run off. "But only if I get you for lunch tomorrow! You've been away too often, and I don't know how much longer I can take sitting at the Slytherin table all by myself," I laughed, my finger in the air as if scolding her. "Parkinson will take her chance and poison me next time."

She playfully rolled her eyes, before nodding. "Promise." Her eyes roamed the rows one last time, and she looked at me before she left. "But go sit with Harry, there's still space. I don't want to see you suffer because of me," She joked, gesturing towards my brother at his usual spot. And then she walked towards Luna; the blonde greeting her with a soft smile before patting on the seat next to her and giving her a small kiss.

With a smile on my lips, I took her advice and made my way towards him. It's been a while since we spent any time together. He seemed rather busy recently, though I wasn't quite sure with what.

Sure, McGonagall did assign us a load of homework every week, but it wasn't enough to keep you occupied for every free minute you had.

"Brother-dearest," I cheered, letting myself fall on the seat opposite his, startling him and the people around him slightly, and therefore interrupting the conversation they were having. His features relaxed as soon as he recognised me.

The rest of his friends just threw him a cautious look before turning away and starting conversations that didn't include him. Minus Ron and Hermione, who were both still with us.

"I take it your Gryffindor buddies still don't like me?" I asked, pouting with a hint of amusement in my voice as I looked at the students around us.

"It's not like you really want them to," Harry said, giving me a nervous laugh that had me furrow my brows in confusion.

"What's new?" I asked interested, filling my plate with some roast potatoes. "Honestly, Umbridge is going to be the death of me; please tell me you guys, like, formed a secret army to take her down or something," I laughed, moving my full plate closer to me before looking back at them.

Instead of the amused expression I expected to see on their faces as I looked up, I was met with startled ones. Hermione and Ron shooting each other wary glances while Harry looked at me in shock, or at least something similar to it.

"Uh, I was just kidding," I huffed, taking a bite of my food with a confused laugh. "Relax."

And they did. Their whole body tensed up when I first spoke, and I only realised now that they relaxed again. Nervous laughter was heard from them, Ron scratching the back of his neck while doing everything in his power not to look at me.

Hermione cleared her throat. "Yeah, she's quite awful. And all those rules..." She began to ramble, taking my attention off of their weird behaviour and instead making me go on a rampage about the Professor.

"Y/n?" Harry asked after a while, probably waiting for a moment that seemed appropriate to interrupt us. I looked at him, taking my eyes off of Hermione while having another bite of my food. "Can we talk later?"

I furrowed my brows but nodded. "Sure. Is everything alright?" I asked, not bothering to wait until my mouth was empty. He laughed at the sight, nodding as well.

Hermione and Ron both looked at him, their eyebrows raised but he just waved them off, putting on a smile.

"What brought you here, darling?" My head snapped in the direction of the familiar voice, and I was greeted with Fred and George's faces sitting on the other side of me.

A grin formed on my face when I saw them, waving them off just like Harry did his friends seconds ago.

"Oh, Wren abandoned me again," I laughed, pointing her out at the Ravenclaw table and they both nodded knowingly. "And I wasn't sure if I can take another meal at my table without being poisoned."

"Well, from what we saw the other day-" Fred said with a smirk, his brother chiming in just at the right moment to finish his sentence once again. "-You were pretty comfortable with at least one of them." George gave me a wink, and I rolled my eyes.

I shot Harry an apologetic smile, before looking back at the twins.

"Maybe this is a conversation we should not be having in front of my brother," I laughed hoping they would get the hint and leave it be.

"Or at all," Harry huffed, glaring at both of them, which unfortunately just made them break out into laughter.

"Don't be such a git, Harry," One of them laughed, leaning over and ruffling through his hair. "-Young love, how could you hate her for it?" The other one chimed in, laughing as well once the words left his mouth.

I almost choked on my food at what I heard, breaking into a fit of coughs that didn't seem to stop.

The twins still had an amused grin on their faces, while Harry looked slightly concerned at me almost dying in front of his eyes.

"Let's take that down a notch," I laughed nervously, a few coughs still interrupting me while I spoke. "Love might just be a little exaggerated."

It definitely was. Wasn't it?

A/N: I'm going live on my Instagram "seselinamae" in an hour!! see you there :)