» 44 «

"The task is tomorrow! And he still hasn't spoken to you? You didn't even make it this big of a deal when he literally hid your godfather from you!" Wren huffed, just as annoyed with Harry as I was.

"Thank you!" A grateful smile found itself on my face as she explained my thoughts exactly. "He's overreacting. It's been like two months now! Even Ron and Hermione made up."

She pouted, ruffling through my hair in an attempt to cheer me up and I just shook my head at how stubborn that boy was.

From what I've heard, he didn't even figure out the second task yet. It was killing me that I couldn't be there for him; help him prepare.

But I wasn't going to be the one crawling back to him, asking for forgiveness. I was going to at first, really, but Wren explained to me that I made the same mistake when she and I had pretty much the same argument.

She said it wasn't any of his business what I did in my free time, and I didn't owe him an explanation or an apology. Especially because what was going on between Malfoy and I wasn't even serious. Their feud was between them, and shouldn't affect my relationship with either of them. Harry would realise soon enough, she said. But I wasn't so sure about that.

"Let's change the subject, it's too frustrating," I said, feeling myself getting annoyed again. "How are you and your little Ravenclaw girlfriend?" I asked, a big smile on my face and my eyebrows raised suggestively.

The blonde's words haven't really left my brain since last night, and I secretly wished he wasn't actually right about them. I would've hoped she would tell me herself if they made it official.

But then again, I wasn't really one to speak on that.

She immediately blushed a little, diverting her gaze towards the floor. "First of all, she's not my girlfriend," She laughed and a wave of relieve washed over me. So she would tell me once they got together?

"Second of all, she has a name; it's Luna," She rolled her eyes playfully, and I nodded.

"I know that. I'm just messing with you," I giggled, my elbow nudging her side.

"Third of all, you've been spending too much time with ferret boy. He's the only one that says that." An amused expression played on her face, realising she had the upper hand in the conversation now. "Don't let him rub off on you," She warned sarcastically, her finger in the air as if scolding me.

"Please don't tell me I'm starting to sound like him?" I pleaded, hoping to hear that I wasn't, but her apologetic smile told me otherwise. "God, ew," I sighed.

"Don't even try, Y/n, I know you like hi-" Before she could finish her sentence, I interrupted her quickly.

"Don't even think about finishing that sentence. I most certainly do not!" I warned, my eyes wide. She giggled in response and shook her head.

Before she could say anything, one of the Slytherin prefects came to a halt in front of us.

Bloody hell, was it already past curfew?

"Y/n? Professor McGonagall would like to speak to you in her office." The girl said in a polite tone, and I furrowed my brows.

"Do you know what it's concerning?" I asked, looking back at Wren whose face was just as confused as mine.

"No clue, sorry," She said before walking off, leaving us sitting by ourselves.

"Jeez, McGonagall? What did you do now?" Wren laughed, and I just shook my head, no idea what this might be regarding.

I sighed, getting up from one of the benches we were sitting on, and so did she. "Well, I'm sorry to make you do this, but if you see Malfoy before I'm back, could you tell him where I am?" I asked, a little embarrassed by my request but she nodded.

"No wonder you're starting to sound like him," She mocked, rolling her eyes before making her way back towards the dungeons, while I walked in the opposite direction to McGonagall's office.

What could she want from me on a Saturday night?

As far as I was concerned, I didn't get into any trouble recently.

Just as I knocked on her door, I started to worry that this might be about Harry and my heart began beating a little faster. Was he alright?

The door opened by itself, and the Professor was sat in her chair, a small smile on her lips as she looked at me. "Ah, Miss Potter," She said, getting up and walking a few steps towards me.

"Professor," I said, the smile on my lips mirroring hers exactly. "I'm sorry, what is this concerning? Is Harry alright?" I couldn't contain the question, too worried about him to wait for her to explain on her own.

She chuckled lightly. "Harry Potter is just fine," She said and a sigh of relieve escaped my lips. "-But, your summoning is still in regards to him, I'm afraid." A sorry expression began to form on her face, and I furrowed my brows.

She moved closer towards me, standing just a few feet away when she stopped to look me up and down once. Her hand found itself on my shoulder, giving me a small smile again.

"I'm terribly sorry, dear girl," She sighed, and I noticed the wand in her hand before everything went black.