» 135 «

The room of requirements turned out to be far more useful than I had first anticipated.

And with my back pressed against the wall, Draco's hands on either side of my head and his lips hungrily pressing against mine, I realised that.

My hand wrapped around his tie, and with a single tuck, I effectively pulled him closer towards me without our lips ever having to disconnect. Though, the unexpected motion had him stumble slightly, and a cheeky grin spread across my face.

He grumbled something against my lips in disapproval, though the meaning of his words I didn't know- my focus solely on how raspy and rough his voice sounded against my skin.

We kissed for a long time, and he bit my bottom lip whenever I playfully tugged on his hair. It's become a game, of sorts; and it became more passionate with every second passing.

Yet, in that moment, neither of us wanted to go any further, and it made the whole thing ten times better.

We both knew the reason this was happening wasn't solely because we enjoyed it so much. Though, of course, we always did.

It was happening because it was a needed distraction from what had transpired in Dark Arts today. Neither of us had to state it, we both knew.

As his lips moved on to gently kiss my neck, my head fell back against the wall; my eyes remaining closed. Though, as I enjoyed the way his tongue teased the skin behind my ear, and I did nothing but lean against that wall behind me, the pictures flashed back into my mind without much of a warning.

Pictures of first years writhing around the floor while Crabbe and Goyle hovered above them, wands pointed right at their helpless little bodies as screams and cries alike filled the room.

Pictures of Carrow laughing and smiling as he watched his students torture the poor children for something as little as a slip-up during class or a forgotten homework.

Pictures of Draco pointing his own wand at a first-year, his face contorted in agony as if he was the one being cruciated as he tried his absolute best to inflict pain on the boy in front of him. Nothing ended up happening; he couldn't do it.

And then, pictures of myself just standing there. Eyeing the blonde eleven-year-old girl sitting in front of me with tears in her eyes as she expected me to emotionally scar her for the rest of her life by using that horrid curse on her.

I didn't even try. Instead, I twisted and turned my wand in between my fingers as I shot the girl a small, but reassuring smile to let her know I wouldn't dare do any of the things my classmates were currently doing to hers.

My eyes wandered the room, finding Carrow to be on the opposite end of it before I quickly kneeled in front of her, almost levelling our eyes. I had told her to simply pretend she was in pain, my voice no more than a hushed whisper before I quickly got up again.

Her eyes widened, and she looked at me with awe in them before nodding gently, gaze flickering through the room once more.

And as soon as I pointed my wand at her, she imitated the rest of the kids on the floor. And her show was convincing enough to make my stomach turn at the memory alone.

My eyes snapped open at it, breath heavy not only from the way Draco felt against my skin but the memories we were desperately trying to get distraction from.

My hands that had been lazily resting behind his neck, now quickly pulled his face back in front of mine before I connected our lips once more.

Distraction.

And as soon as my lips touched his, those awful memories ceased to exist in my brain, even if it was only for the time being. Instead, it was taken over by the way the scent of green apples and mint tickled my nose, and the way my stomach turned every time a low noise escaped his mouth.

Though, to my dismay, he pulled away soon after.

His breath still heavy, and his eyes barely open, he huffed before saying, "I have bad news."

I myself groaned lowly at his words, shaking my head slightly and letting it fall back against the wall again-this time in frustration rather than pleasure.

"Hm?" I hummed lowly, opening my eyes one by one. His brows were knitted together tightly, and one of the hands that was placed on either side of my head before was now rubbing his temple in hopes it would ease the tension accumulating in his head.

He swallowed thickly, eyes batting open to lock with mine. The stormy grey in them had calmed, though I wasn't sure if I preferred that. The calm before the storm was never very calming.

"You have to come back with me over the holidays."

Christmas was approaching fast, and this was a conversation I'd been dreading for a while now.

"I can't-"

"I wish you didn't have to, Y/n. You know that," He said in a stern voice, the tone not leaving much room for debate.

I sighed loudly, rushing past him to sit on the dark green sofa before I ended up passing out at the memory alone of having to go back there.

"Wren is staying over the holidays-"

"-Wren isn't their prisoner," He cut me off, his stern features softening when his eyes met mine. He walked towards me slowly, taking his time while observing my reaction. My face didn't even twitch at the choice of words.

He was right, after all.

"I'd rather be their prisoner here for all of eternity than having to go back to that awful manor-" I cut myself off at the realisation I just insulted his, probably rather precious, childhood home. Though, his face didn't even twitch. "No offence," I added, which he simply brushed off.

"I know," He said as he sat down next to me, his eyes focused on the fireplace in front of us. "I know," He sighed once more, quieter this time.

I mirrored his motion, diverting my attention off of him with a loud, dragged out a sigh in hopes it would release the sudden tension in my body.

It would be awful; there was no doubt about it. Surrounded by Bellatrix LeStrange, and Lucius Malfoy, Severus Snape; maybe even Voldemort himself.

But maybe, just maybe, I'd have a chance of figuring out where Snape's loyalties really laid. If he really was on our side like Dumbledore had wanted him to, he was playing his part perfectly well to fit right into the Death Eaters.

Maybe I'd have the chance to listen to one of their meetings again, figure out what their next plans were and warn as many people as I could.

Though, as soon as that thought crossed my mind, I already dismissed it again. The mere memory of what had happened the last time I thought nobody noticed me eavesdropping sending shivers down my spine.

I'd rather not have Voldemort's crusty fingernails dig into my skin again.

We sat in silence for a while longer, no more words on the topic spoken, before we inaudibly agreed it would be time to leave.

Though, of course, things wouldn't be as easy as that. Not even after we took precautions and decided I'd leave a few minutes before Draco, just in case.

And I realised when I almost bumped into a figure as I exited the room.

My heart skipped a beat, eyes wide as the person seemed to notice me, too.

"Neville?"

A/N: Hey yall late update again, I'm not dead I just had an exam till 6.20 PM whoever thought THAT was a good idea I don't know ?? lol

Anyway, thoughts on the chapter?

Hopefully, my updates will be on time again from now on so let's look forward to that. <3 I'm off studying for my English exam tomorrow now so wish me luck lol