» 72 «

It's been a few days now since Umbridge found the room of requirements with us in it. During the time that had passed, I was relieved to find out Luna had already told Wren about the whole thing months ago, and simply forgot to mention when I joined. The topic was forgotten about soon after.

On the other hand, I hadn't spoken to Draco since. I was avoiding him completely. It reminded me a little of how the rest of year three panned out, though for very different reasons.

I tried to not even glance his way; not wanting to see anger or disappointment in his eyes, a scowl on his face or the general disregard he was destined to throw my way now.

In return for what had happened, Umbridge had an exam session planned for us today. I can tell you what quill she'll have us use right now.

I was walking alongside Harry, Ron, and Hermione towards the Great Hall, heads lowered slightly as we walked up to the room knowing we were about to get tortured. It was a sick thing to do, really.

We were just about to enter when I heard Umbridge clear her throat in that incredibly annoying way, making me turn around.

In her pink skirt, pink blazer, pink hat, she was standing right in front of me, a bright smile on her face. "You'll be going this way today, Miss Potter," She sighed, gesturing towards a room down the hall.

I furrowed my brows, giving my brother a concerned look before following her lead down the corridor without another word.

"What do you think she's gonna do to her?" I heard Hermione ask in a hushed voice, but honestly, I'd rather not know.

With the flick of her wand, the door to the room opened just before she reached it. Umbridge came to a halt right in front of it, looking back and forth between me and whatever was inside once.

"I trust you know what to do with her, Mister Malfoy," She said, a smile on her lips before turning back towards me, shoving me inside the room and locking it from the outside.

My heartbeat fastened when his name came out of her mouth. I was still facing the door, not having turned around yet in fear of what would expect me.

"Turn around. I don't bite." I closed my eyes, cursing to myself when I heard his voice.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I turned around, my lips pressed together, forming a thin line. There he was, sitting at the only table in the relatively small room. It seemed more like a storage space redecorated to make it Umbridge's own personal torture chamber.

My eyes fell onto the empty chair that was opposite his, and then on the quill on the table.

"I volunteered to, in her words, 'make you pay'," He explained, not making anything much clearer. I couldn't read what he was thinking, how he was feeling, what he was planning on doing to me. "I don't think we'll get out of here until long after your friends are done."

I gulped, sitting down on the empty chair, my eyes fixated on the quill in front of me. The spot on my hand it was used on the last time already beginning to tingle.

"You're gonna-" I interrupted myself, uncomfortable with even the thought of asking.

"-What? Torture you?" He laughed lowly. "Merlin, don't be ridiculous. You can't possibly think I'm that messed up." He turned his head to look at me, a slight furrow in his brows. "Can you?"

"What are you doing here, then?" I asked instead, ignoring his previous enquiry.

He huffed, shaking his head slightly, looking at the quill once, but immediately back up to me.