» 121 «

"You go ahead, I wouldn't mind some time alone," I smiled politely upon Wren's request to head back to our dorm.

Her eyebrows shot up in surprise, though she didn't try to change my mind before she went along her way, throwing me a quick smile before she disappeared through the doors.

It wasn't quite mingling we did in the common room; more of a quiet observing.

Slytherin's had never been very fond of me, really. At least not the one's I had nothing to do with. Though, up until now, they had enough of common decency to hide it.

Not so much now. Whispers, glares, and disdained looks were thrown my way any other minute; almost reminding me of my first few days at Hogwarts.

I sighed loudly, moving from one of the chairs in the corner of the room to the newly empty couch in the middle of it. It didn't take much longer before the whole common room was empty. Another hour, maybe.

And I stayed, of course, remembering Draco's note. The thought of properly seeing him again made me feel all sorts of things. I was excited, nervous and anxious all at the same time, and not quite sure which of the three led the rest.

I was too busy thinking about him to notice him walking into the common room; Didn't notice until he sat next to me on the couch without a single word.

I startled, flinched, even, at the sudden movement next to me, my hand flying up to my chest. "Merlin's beard," I groaned, sighing loudly to calm myself down afterwards. "Maybe try not to give me heart-attack next time," I mumbled.

"Good evening to you, too," He snickered, his gaze trailing up and down my body once. Though, his demeanour quickly turned serious again. I hated when he did that; never meant anything good. "Y/n—" He began, but I decided I wouldn't let him get any further.

I threw my arms around him quickly enough to cut him, and the start of the serious conversation, off; making myself comfortable in his arms before he even had the chance to react.

I inhaled deeply, hoping for the scent to linger in my nose long after he was gone again.

I felt him swallow thickly, his Adam's apple bobbing in his throat before he tightened his arms around me, too. It took another few seconds before he rested his head on top of mine, a heavy sigh escaping his lips at the motion.

"I'm sorry—"

I simply shook my head against his chest at the words. I didn't want to hear it, didn't even want to think about that day ever again. And while I knew that was pretty much impossible, the least I could ask for was never to have to think about it when I was with Draco.

"You're not mad at me?" He wondered, mumbling the words into my hair, concern and worry prominent in his voice. And, once more, I shook my head.

I don't think I was. Should I be?

I brought a few inches between us, my forehead against his as a faint smile played on my lips. "You did what you were supposed to do, didn't you? There was nothing wrong with—"

"—Everything about it was wrong, you know that," He huffed, leaning back into the sofa, his hands covering his own face. "You know I should've— You have to know I wanted to—" The words kept getting stuck in his throat, frustrated sighs and groans filling the air in between his sentences.

"Please don't feel guilty, Draco," I pleaded, my hand finding his to squeeze it tightly just once. "I just don't want to talk about it, is that okay?"

I wish my voice were sterner; I wish I didn't ask, but instead demanded. I knew he didn't want to accept that, but he knew he had to. So, he did.