Soulmates - Barbatos

(Just a small note!) f/d is short for favorite dessert and this song is for a bit later for when it says music suddenly started playing I hope you guys enjoy this story that took longer to make than I expected :)

"Oh, come on now Barbatos! I'm quite sure Y/n wouldn't mind going out with you." Diavolo smiled.

"But my lord I-"

"No buts! Just contact Y/n and tell them that you would like to have dinner with them or something. Honestly, Barbatos, what has you so flustered?" Diavolo tilted his head in curiosity.

"I'm not flustered. I am just unsure whether or not to contact Y/n at this moment." Barbatos explained.

"Well can't you use your vision to see if they're busy or not?" Diavolo asked.

"Young master I have told you before, seeing the future is rather difficult. Countless possibilities are branching out currently that will lead to other scenarios. I believe the humans call it the butterfly effect." Barbatos said.

"Ah...yes I remember now." Diavolo chuckled nervously. Hearing Barbatos explain this again made his head hurt.

"Well...if you don't call Y/n I will do it myself." Diavolo teased.

"My lord I assure you there's no need-"

"Hello?"

Barbatos's heart skipped a beat once he heard your voice coming from Diavolo's D.D.D. Diavolo had a rather mischievous grin on his face.

"Hello, Y/n! I hope I am not interrupting you right now." Diavolo said.

"Haha no, I'm not busy at the moment. Is there something I can help you with?" You said. Barbatos closed his eyes, hoping to keep himself as composed as possible.

"No, you can rest easy. I'm calling because Barbatos wanted to ask you something but he seemed to have misplaced his D.D.D and cannot find it at the moment." Diavolo said.

"Oh, Barbatos is with you? Tell him I said hi." You chuckled. Barbatos couldn't help but feel happy from the excitement in your voice when Diavolo mentioned him.

"Instead of me telling him, why don't you say it to him yourself?" He said, immediately grabbing this opportunity for Barbatos to ask you out.

Barbatos desperately signaled for Diavolo to hang up, but he wouldn't listen. He then handed Barbatos his D.D.D, causing the poor demon to become flustered. He fumbled with the phone a bit before answering.

"H-Hello Y/n." Barbatos said.

"Hey, Barbatos." You chirped.

"Oh, I just remembered there was something I needed to do. I'll leave you two be!" Diavolo said before bolting out of the room.

Barbatos stood there all alone, caught extremely off guard. He didn't even know what to tell you. Should he ask you out for dinner? Or ask if you had plans or if you were busy? What if you didn't even want to go out with him? The last thing he wanted was for you to say that you thought of him just as a brother and nothing else. Maybe he should just hang up and throw the phone away completely. Thankfully your laugh brought him back to reality.

"Lord Diavolo is really random at times, isn't he?" You laughed.

"Yes...he can be a bit eccentric at times." Barbatos sighed. He walked around almost aimlessly until he found somewhere to sit.

"There's never a boring day there, huh?" You said.

"Never. And I'm assuming it is similar over there at the house of lamentation?" Barbatos remarked, a smile slowly forming.