Devil Daycare - Diabarb

Disclaimer: Even though I put their ship name (is that even their ship name???) it's NOT a romantic one-shot between the two. This is just one that focuses a bit more on them. I didn't know how else to put it-

Requested by @-rhxyn

-·=»‡«=·- 卄เ -·=»‡«=·-

Barbatos recently acquired two baskets of apples from a friend. A recent harvest brought more fruit than expected, so Barbatos was gifted two baskets of different cursed apples.

One basket contained apples called Poisoned Beauty. Despite the name, it doesn't actually kill anyone. It rather helps to relieve stress and help whoever ate it get a good night's rest. The other was called Puer Wonder. It turned whoever ate it into a small child. If one were to just take one bite, the effects last for about a few hours. But if the entire thing was eaten then it would amount to a week.

Barbatos planned on giving the poisoned apples to Lucifer and keep the puer apples to experiment on them. Maybe he would be able to make a pie with them.

He left the baskets in the kitchen and went off to get some ingredients to make apple pastries.

Before Barbatos left, he informed Diavolo about the apples in the kitchen and told him to give Lucifer the poisoned apples once he arrived.

"I am entrusting you with handing Lucifer the basket of poisoned apples, alright?" Barbatos said.

"Don't worry, Barbatos! I know what I'm doing." Diavolo laughed.

"So you remember which basket the apples are in?" Barbatos tested him.

"They're the ones on the left of the counter, correct?" Diavolo said confidently.

"No...they are on the right. Please remember that." Barbatos sighed.

"Right...got it!" Diavolo chirped.

Though Barbatos was smiling, he was rather worried about the outcomes that would follow. Nonetheless, he trusted Diavolo and went on his way.

Two hours later, Barbatos came back with ingredients in hand. He almost forgot about the task he gave Diavolo until he noticed the baskets of poisoned apples were still there. Concerned, he went looking for Diavolo.

"My lord, how long ago did Lucifer leave?" He asked.

"About an hour ago...why the question?" Diavolo didn't seem to realize the error he made.

"Which basket did you hand Lucifer?" Barbatos questioned.

"I gave Lucifer the ones on the left..." Diavolo was beginning to worry.

"Just as I thought...those were the puer ones, young master." He shook his head.

"Oh no...let me call him." Diavolo said ask he quickly pulled his phone out.

"We should also go check up on them." Barbaros added.

Diavolo nodded and quickly stood up. They both made their way to the house of lamentation while trying to contact any of you.

Unfortunately, there was no response.

They swung the doors open to the mansion and found it to be calm and peaceful.

So they knew something definitely went wrong.

"Lucifer? Are you home?" Diavolo called out

"Y/n? Is everything alright?" Barbatos asked.

Silence ensued.

Diavolo and Barbatos suddenly heard some yelling coming from the kitchen. The closer they got, the clearer the conversations got.