(Lover's) Quarrel - Asmo

A/n: I haven't drawn in so long omg

It came as no surprise that Asmo had a lot of beings pining to be with him. Anyone and everyone tried their hand at winning Asmo's heart. But most of them weren't even close to it.

Asmo occasionally went out with someone here, flirt with someone there, but it was never anything serious. In fact, it was like a little game sometimes. He didn't mind the flirting and the gifts he would often receive in and out of school. Asmo always thought of it as something cute and easily forget it the next day.

But heaven forbid someone tries flirting with
you. Much less ask you out.

"Hey, Y/n..? You're free this afternoon, right?" Your succubus friend Styx asked.

Asmo was walking by and couldn't help but eavesdrop on your conversation. He stopped and waited for you to answer.

"Yeah! Is there something you wanna do together?" You replied.

"M-mhm...I uhh...I was wondering if you'd like to go Madame Scream's with me." She said.

"Oh? Is someone asking out my little Y/n?" Asmo interjected.

"Asmo let her talk first..." You glared at him.

"N-No, I-"

"Oh, that's a relief! I thought you were trying to get with my darling here! But you wouldn't do such a thing, would you?" Asmo pouted as he hugged your side.

"N-no, never..." Styx nervously stepped back.

"Good, good! Let's keep it that way, shall we? We wouldn't want anything bad to happen now, would we? Anyways I have to go, see you later Y/n~" Asmo winked at you before leaving.

"Ugh...I'm so sorry. Don't listen to him." You rolled your eyes.

"I-It's okay...I w-was just trying to ask if you'd like to go on a study date b-because I really need help with the potions exam. But it's fine if you don't wanna go." She wore a tight smile.

"No, no, I'd love to go!" You said.

"Really? Oh, thank you Y/n!! You're the best!" Styx sighed.

"Hey, what're friends for?" You grinned.

"Honestly, you're such a lifesaver. I'm sorry for stepping on anyone's toes by the way. I didn't know you two were dating." She said.

"Ugh, we're not..." You frowned.

"Really? But I thought-"

"No, no. He always tries to push anyone away he thinks is remotely trying to flirt with me, but then goes off with whoever flatters him the most." You pointed down the hall.

Styx peeked over to what you were pointing at and saw Asmo accepting a bouquet from some demon. She looked even more confused.

"Huh...maybe he just really cares about you?" She suggested.

"I dunno...it was nice at first, but now it's annoying. I mean, whenever someone besides his brothers asks me to go out somewhere, he's quick to shut them down. He won't even let me get a word in." You sighed.

"Ohh...is that why you didn't go to the party last weekend?" She asked.

"Yeah...Asmo didn't want me to go, and it didn't help that Lucifer was on his side." You said, still bitter from the whole ordeal.

"Scary..." She shivered.

"I just wish I could see what's going on in his damn mind." You stared coldly at Asmo, wondering why he always had to stick his nose in your business. Suddenly the bell rang.

"Ah...we should get going now." Styx jumped.

"Shoot you're right. Oh! When should we meet?" You asked.

"Mm...is around six okay?" She said.

"Sure! Walk me to my next class?" You asked, seeing if Asmo would react.

"You're trying to provoke Asmo aren't you?" She sighed.

"Alright. Just for this period, okay?" Styx warned.

You chuckled as you linked arms with Styx, happily chatting away as you arrived at your next class. Asmo of course noticed. He felt rather odd seeing you talking and laughing with someone else. He subconsciously put his hand on his heart. It was pounding in his chest, alarming him to this newfound jealousy. But Asmo merely turned his attention to something else, hoping it would go away.

"Bye!!" You waved Styx goodbye.

"Are you guys doing something later..?" Asmo asked.

"Yeah, nothing special though." You brushed him off before he could ask you anything else.

The rest of the school day you spent giving Asmo very vague answers as to what you were doing with Styx. Even at home, he wouldn't stop pestering you.

"What if she tries to eat you?" Asmo argued.

"Styx wouldn't do that! We're just going out to study okay?" You huffed.

"Oh yeah?! What if she's lying and is actually trying to ask you out on a real date? Or she's going to try and pour pig's blood all over you because she's jealous of you!" Asmo said.

"Okay one, you've been watching way too many horror movies, and two, even if she does try asking me out, why is it bothering you so much?!" You crossed your arms in frustration.

"B-Because I-I...L-Lucifer say something!!" Asmo said as Lucifer walked in.

"Is this about your study date?" Lucifer asked. You nodded.

"Where are you two going?"

"Madame Scream's"

"You remembered those protection and defense spells I taught you right?"

You nodded again.

"And she's going to escort you back home, yes?"

"Yep. And Styx wants to go to the mall afterward, so is it okay if we come late?" You asked.

"As long as you're here before midnight, that's fine." Lucifer said.

"What?! Lucifer!" Asmo whined.

"Thanks, mom!" You joked.

"Yes, yes...just remember to text me every once in a while." Lucifer said before leaving the room.

"I'm coming with you!" Asmo stopped you.

"What?! No way! We're not going to do anything crazy, so you don't need to monitor us!! We're just hanging out as friends!" You huffed.

"That doesn't matter! I just think it's better if you study here! That way I can keep an eye on you then!!" Asmo said.

"Why are you so persistent about not letting me go?! I going to be fine so stop pushing my friends away from me! It's not like you and I dating or anything so just leave me alone!" You snapped.

Asmo gasped quietly. He didn't realize how much he was bothering you until you snapped. He didn't really mean to, but he hated seeing other people flirting and touching you. He wanted to be the one taking you out and such but could never find the courage to tell you. Whenever he tried, his heart would get stuck in his throat. Asmo was so scared that someone would take you away from him, that you'd fall for someone else. So he thought it best to push others back so he could have a better chance to confess to you.

Finally, he realized that was a huge mistake.

"It's getting late, so I'm leaving now." Your tone was calm, but Asmo knew you were exasperated.

"Y/n wait-"

"We'll talk about this later. Don't try to follow me." You said.

Asmo inched towards you, desperate to reach for you, to apologize, to do something...but he knew that would only make things worse. So he just stood there, heart aching as he watched you leave.

(Pt. 2 coming soon dw-)