Like You Do - Mammon

A/n: inspired-ish by Joji's song "Like You Do" (hence the title hehe) and the drawing has nothing to do with the story I just like how I drew it :>

•?((¯°·._.• ⒷσoƤ •._.·°¯))؟•

"You pathetic idiot!"

"Mammon you good for nothing demon!"

"You're such a scumbag!"

"You never learn do you?"

"This is the second time you failed your exam, you moron!"

Those words were constantly ringing in his head. He tried his best to keep his chin up, but the day was just getting harder and harder. He was getting tired. So damn tired of it.

But what can he do about it? Deep down, Mammon knows he isn't the best demon out there, even if he does call himself the greatest. He just felt like it wasn't fair that his brothers drag him whenever they got the chance. He was so drained from all the insults and mockery, he could hardly keep up his usual ruse.

By the time school was over, Mammon was exhausted. He dragged himself to his room and collapsed onto his bed. He laid there with just his thoughts to accompany him. They buzzed noisily in his mind, continuous reminders of the mistakes he made.

His chest felt heavy and his head was pounding. He needed something to get his mind off of this. Something to help him breathe again...

He pushed himself to grab his phone. He stared at the screen for what seemed like an eternity. You were the only one Mammon could turn to at the moment. He desperately wanted to reach out to you but something kept eating up at him. Perhaps the fear of you getting tired of hearing him complain...

He decided to play it cool at first.

MY human💛

Yo! Are ya in your room?

I'm gettin bored and
I need something to entertain me

Mammon didn't get an answer for a while. His stomach twisted in knots. Maybe you were busy?

MY human💛

Oi! Are ya there?

What, are ya busy or something???

Don't ignore me!!

Mammon sighed. Maybe his suspicions were right. He tossed his phone on the other side of his bed. Mammon covered his face and closed his eyes in frustration. His heart sank as he began to regret sending those messages.

A few minutes later, he heard a ping from his phone.

Mammon scrambled to get it, his hands trembling slightly as he opened the message.

MY human💛

Oi! Are ya there?

What, are ya busy or something???

Don't ignore me!!

Sorry I didn't answer sooner!

I was doing homework and
had my phone on silent :(