Take a Break - Belphie

A/n: Trying some tiny new things out but I promise it's not like Asmo's

That shit hurted (._.)

***************

It was late at night and you were scribbling away at your notebook. Every so often your eyes darted to the textbook at your desk, making sure you got your notes right. The entire week you've holed yourself up in your room and worked endlessly. You were starting to feel tired and fatigued, but you didn't want to stop just yet. A sudden knock on the door pulled you out of your thoughts.

"Come in." You said.

Your door creaked open and in came Belphie. He was getting worried about you and decided to check in with you.

"I brought you a snack." Belphie said as he put the plate by your desk.

"Thanks, Bel." You smiled at him before returning to your paper.

Belphie returned the smile and plopped himself on your bed. He carefully watched you working and noticed you bouncing your leg and twirling your pen while you read the book. You looked so tense it concerned Belphie. It hurt to see you work yourself down to the bone. He had enough and wanted to help you before you burned yourself out.

"Why don't you take a break? You look out of it." Belphie tried saying it casually.

"I will in a second...I'm almost done with this paper." You said as you took a quick bite of the snack.

"Come on, dummy...I know when you're getting overwhelmed. Just come and cuddle with me for a bit and you can work later." He pressed on.

"I will don't worry. I just need one more paragraph." You said as your grip on the pen grew tighter.

Belphie was right, you were getting overwhelmed. But you wanted to get that paper done with already. Silence ensued and the only sounds to be heard was your pen scratching on the paper. Belphie pursed his lips, slightly annoyed by your workaholic ways.

"This isn't healthy you know that? When was the last time you ate a proper meal?" Belphie crossed his arms.

You stopped writing and chewed on your bottom lip. You actually didn't remember the last time you ate properly. You were too busy to even think about eating.

"See? You need to stop pushing yourself. You're going to get sick if you keep on going like this, idiot." Belphie's eyes glared at you.

"I know, I know...but I'm almost done I promise." You quietly huffed.

You were thankful that Belphie was looking out for you, but you couldn't help but feel slightly frustrated with his nagging. You felt your anxiety bubbling up inside you. Trying to soothe it, you closed your eyes for a second and let out a shaky breath. Belphie sighed in annoyance.

"Can't you just listen to me? You're clearly overworking yourself! Stop being so difficult and just take a break, dumbass!" Belphie pushed.

You slammed your hands on the table and stood up so quickly it startled Belphie a bit. You couldn't take it anymore, all the emotions you were trying to suppress were surfacing back. Your chest tightened and you felt your eyes well up with tears.

"If I drop it will you stop calling me names?! I'm already stressed as it is, I don't need you ridiculing me every second! I can do that myself!" You clenched your fists in anger.

You raised your brows and your eyes widened in horror, realizing you just yelled at Belphie. You quietly slumped onto your chair and looked down at the ground. You felt too embarrassed to look at him properly.